Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

Something is blocking the canbus.
In my case it’s Davega.
Try to scan canbus and you’ill see that it doesn’t detect the other vesc.
It works all good once I disconnect the Davega.

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback and detail information. I 'll have a check on it the day after tomorrow. will go back to you.

@Gordo yes, this is good suggestion, please plug out all other connected device (incuding remote), then do the verification test as the mail sent to you.

sent you mail minutes ago. please check and verify it.

1 Like

Thanks! Here’s what I did:

Pre-detection testing (plug in wires and power up VESC - look for blinking fault code on VESC)

1. plug in both motors phase wires and hall sensor wires like normal. RESULT: 6 red blinks from light #1.

2. plug in both motors phase wires and NO hall sensor wires plugged in. RESULT: No red error lights!

3. plug in only one motor to VESC B and hall sensor to VESC B (I tried with BOTH motors to only VESC B). RESULT: No red error lights!

4. plug in only one motor to VESC A and hall sensor to VESC A (I tried with BOTH motors to only VESC A). 6 red blinks from light #1.

FOC-detection Testing

1. Both motors plugged in with phase wires and NO hall sensor wires plugged in. Run detection (no CAN) on VESC A.

image.png

image.png

1. Both motors plugged in with phase wires and NO hall sensor wires plugged in. Run detection (Normal) on VESC A.

image.png

image.png

Please let me know if I can try anything else. To me it looks like a VESC A problem? No error lights when each motor is plugged in to VESC B.

With the ESC unplugged from everything, use a multimeter and check the resistance between:

Battery Neg to ESC Phase A: ?Ω
Battery Neg to ESC Phase B: ?Ω
Battery Neg to ESC Phase C: ?Ω
Battery Pos to ESC Phase A: ?Ω
Battery Pos to ESC Phase B: ?Ω
Battery Pos to ESC Phase C: ?Ω

2 Likes

I could not detect any resistance with those connections. No fault lights with the phase wires connected either. Only fault lights when a hall sensor is connected to the VESC A. Both motors produce this fault when the sensor wire is connected to VESC A and both motors produce no fault lighy when the sensor wire is connected to VESC B.

Also I should say… with sensor wires disconnected, FOC detection spins up BOTH motors

Oh, then the solution is simple. Don’t connect the sensor wires :rofl:

2 Likes

Fair enough. I kick start anyways. Just disappointed. My DIY is not perfect… :cry:

1 Like

Use HFI?

1 Like

As asked here:

What’s the power consumption of the ubox turned off but connected to battery?

@hardunclejohn

4 Likes

Damn, so you can never use A.S.S

@Trampa

1 Like

I remembered it’s less than 2mA, some guy asked in this thread before. I didn’t measure it now.

3 Likes

Any news about the voltage value problem ?

Fixed by flashing proper firmware, unless you’re referring to a different voltage value problem.

Which FW did you use ?
I’m indead taking about the voltage difference between VESC and BMS.

It is located on the product page for the Ubox:

3 Likes

I measured both stock and customed 5.2 firmware, the stock firmware in ubox has much more tolerance, but customed firmware shows little tollerance(0.7% tolerance). What’s your BMS? See measurement picture and video.

!
Stock fw5.2 measure:
stock firmware measurement|video !
Customed fw5.2 measure:
customed firmware voltage reading|video

2 Likes

very strange indead.
I have LLT smart BMS.
I’ll try to flash again.

1 Like