Speed burst when applying brake?!!

Hey I like the puck too!
Just think these are problems that users should be notified about. (Even trampa has the decency to issue callbacks)

You can tell me to check the solder joints, sure.
But try to tell that to the fb and reddit users. They will just make it worse probably…

2 Likes

Non DIYers eating shit is a sacrifice I’m willing to make if it funds development of better gear for us. Circle of life yo

I don’t agree with this statement
Very selfish.

1 Like

:flushed: :frowning:

1 Like

This was mostly intended as a joke.

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

I agree that if Hoyt has any inkling of this being an issue whatsoever then they should take some sort of action, even if it’s just a statement or notification. I bought the puck in October after seeing all the hype and the statements made about its safety. Now here I am 2 months later with a sore back and a remote I’m afraid to use because I am admittedly a novice solderer at best. I’m gonna email them and see if they’d exchange my PCB or at least discount me a bit on a replacement.

1 Like

That’s a very childish attitude. This is how things like esk8 get banned in different areas. No matter what the skill or knowledge level, if enough people eat shit then the lawmakers won’t think twice on shutting it down.

If you’re really for the development of esk8 then you gotta be for it’s development across the board, not just what you think you can benefit from.

2 Likes

This is exactly what happened to three wheelers in the 80s.

I’ll fix it for the cost of shipping if you want to send it.

I wrote up a pretty detailed article on this but never submitted.

1 Like

Contact hoyt. They will send you a new motherboard. Happened to me, they WILL take care of you.

They’ve been reinforcing the pot on the puck ever since they were made aware of the issue. I’m sure they’re busting their ass (all two of the people that work at Hoyt) to come up with a permanent solution.

If you want to go use a vx1 then go use one.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t pay a company $6/week to rent their knee pads :rofl: :rofl: It’s a worthy investment either way though when it comes to safety.

You’re looking too far into a lighthearted comment on a forum with a lot of people who tend to find the average pre-built esk8 buyer & rider somewhat of douches to ride with. Also, Hoyt is a ridiculously small boutique that to my knowledge isn’t even on the map for what the average persons knowledge of electric skateboard companies are. That’s not throwing shade at Hoyt either, their shit is fucking top notch amazing and I use & love more than a few pieces of their gear. But yeah, small boutique.

If you want to talk about what law makers are looking at when shutting things down, there are much more important and visible/making the news things like stock boosteds & co catching fucking fire & burning down houses.

Sorry guys, we’ve been quite transparent about this but agree its to the point where we need to get a PSA out there. Here is it. This will be going out to those signed up for our newsletter as well (though we’ve never sent one out).
puck psa.pdf (1.8 MB)

18 Likes

Very thorough response! I wasn’t even aware of the pot support structure you added!

2 Likes

Can you tell us when this change was implemented?

1 Like

With the latest batch, which arrived early November 2021.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Fix it myself or wait until Jan 3rd, unfortunately.

@abusfullofnuns I may take you up on that if I don’t figure something out in a day or 2. Thank you.

Is the problem only with the solder joints in the picture JJ just posted?

If so I promise it’s impossible to fuck up. All you have to do is put flux on the pad and touch an iron w/a glob of solder to each pad for a split second.

Smooth brain koala tier soldering. Don’t even need an iron, just a small length of copper wire, a lighter, solder, & flux

1 Like