👾 Space Invader - Venom's 4th Build

Yep, same here. It was pretty nice today, but sadly earlier this week someone I was with tested positive. And I know there’s a decent amount of people where I ride so I chose to stay inside to myself and didn’t even get to enjoy the weather

2 Likes

Hey I appreciate you for making that very smart choice.

4 Likes

Whoop sorry, didn’t realize I kinda derailed the post of your incredibly awesom build which I got a text from my bank saying my card got declined because I looked at it

1 Like

What did you do to the motors when you took the can apart? That thing is a beast btw

1 Like

Such a nice build, I really like the allround aspect behind it as well. I came to like that approach too, the board shreds the streets but is also capable for offroading. Although 78 kmph might be a bit too crazy for me :sweat_smile: :joy:

2 Likes

The motor’s magnets can vibrate loose over time or fall off with a big slam. Several folks had to deal with this and they’ve generally come to the conclusion that “battle hardening” them is a good idea for preventing failure.

Battle hardening consists of filling the gaps between magnets with a NON METAL epoxy. I also covered my sensor board pcb inside the motor to prevent any shorts that could happen.

Here is a much better looking motor battle hardening by the wonderful @Andy87 :

@Lee_Wright made a great video as well:

But I found the milliput to be too thick to spread nicely. It was like a hard play dough and working time was short. Something a bit thinner would have made application and clean up nicer.

6 Likes

Thanks a lot man you made discover this thing lol
I’ll probably do the same with my motors

1 Like

I’ve never had a cracked magnet but would surely hate to deal with it.

A very wise man once told me:

If you don’t have time to do it right, you better have time to do it again.

5 Likes

Beautiful work, Justin! And the build thread…:ok_hand:t2: :star::sparkles::star2::dizzy::rocket::flying_saucer::alien:

2 Likes

Bro. Srlsly bro!!! Just wow.

2 Likes

Also what made you turn the base plates that way?

I should have measured the plates before getting the nose cut that much :sweat_smile:

Flipping them fixed it for me

8 Likes

Such a nice build has me thinking it’s about time I drink some of that sweet sweet mountain board coolaid. MBS Australia has been out of stock of oil slicks since the “boomer remover” started. I could always get them from Alex.

2 Likes

New stock in November I think. They are out of heaps of stuff

3 Likes

Sweet…one of the few places you can buy gear cheaper that overseas and no evolve doesn’t count…pffft.

1 Like

Don’t forget discount code ESK8BUILD15

3 Likes

Mate told me about it…if they are getting stock I could go for a MBS deck instead of a eflux as I can do my own battery enclosure.

Wait I’m confused now. Which way are you actually ridding them? Quick picture of the bottom?

Front end

5 Likes

Mostly we just rob liquor stores and gambling establishments. Occasionally we have to date rich people though. Sometimes we build boards so beautiful we can pick pockets while the people stare. Whatever we have to do.

13 Likes