Sourcing nickel strip [SRO]

The Steel City Store you linked is legit, I have ordered from them a few times

1 Like

i have 10kg of 34.5mm wide if you want some i can cut them for you and ship it out tmr.

1 Like

Any updates on this?

Is "Steel City Store* dead? I can’t access that link or find anything on Google.

Yeah the steel city store is gone, in my order history the store name is a different name which is also gone.

However when I search the exact same product name (of my steel city order) on Aliexpress you get this:

I bet “Online2 tools Store” is the third name of steel city but no idea why they change the name so often :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Usually to evade something like taxes, bad reviews, or federal laws of sales

3 Likes

Thanks for the note. I figured it was the same product! Will order those.

3 Likes

I ordered some. It’s been sitting in brine for 2 days with no sign of corrosion. Seems legit.

Did you scratch it first or cut the corner off?

Yeah, I roughed it up some with some 150 grit.

2 Likes

Did anyone have success buying from any of the above links? I am looking to buy strip for my 12s4p battery using reclaimed 25Rs but am not having much luck. I think the equivalent link to the one a few posts back is 0.2mm * 30mm Pure Nickel Plate Strap Strip Sheets 99.96% pure nickel for Battery electrode electrode Spot Welding Machine|Tool Parts| - AliExpress but it has “plate” in the title so I don’t know if that’s good stuff or not. Something like 0.2mm Pure Nickel - 4P 18650 P-Group Tabs – Duck Battery Systems would probably be perfect but I don’t know if those will ever be back in stock. Maybe I should think about 4P 21700 0.2mm Pure Nickel Strip — MBoards and cutting it to fit? Would love to hear what people are buying and building with

2 Likes

@glyphiks

Hope you stocked up, $126 now :smiling_face_with_tear:

Yeah nickel prices skyrocketed when Russia got a hard on for war.

I’m actually low, but it is what it is. Gotta spend money to make money.

8mm wide nickel has no place in esk8

1 Like

Fuckitgoddamn…

Shot off an email to QBattery, will see if i can get a few kilo’s with the next batteries shipment

Will remove useless link’s

I get my nickel from @TinnieSinker.

Support local :ok_hand:

Anyone know any reliable 0.15/0.2 by 30mm rolls or sheets of pure nickel for brick packs? Preferably 0.2mm.

1 Like

I can confirm that both of these nickel strip vendors passed the 24hr salt water test and a grind test.

30mm wide x 0.15mm or 0.20mm ($100/kg) Ships from China
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804678478873.html

100mm wide x 0.20mm ($250/kg) Ships from US

Also recommend this post to figure out what’s a good deal

3 Likes

Hey dude I know u posted this a while ago but I could use some/ what size u got?