Some Reporting Issues with Vesc Wand (Under investigation)

It is a fact, as posted by @Skaterboy58, that there only way he could get a reliable connection was by clipping the receiver to the phase wires. That is unacceptable as a solution.

It is also a fact that you accepted that as a solution, so every other issue that you have labeled as resolved is in question.

I don’t understand, can’t understand, regardless of attempts to see this from your viewpoint, how you could call that resolved. It’s unacceptable.

Actually Mikey I gotta fully agree with @Lee_Wright on this one. You’ve gone as far as to question my bias as well when it comes to Trampa when I’m disagreeing with you. Not a cool tactic.

The title stuff is silly too, and you know it.

You might consider recusing yourself from this topic if you aren’t actively involved in the testing. We’ve got a number of people doing testing on this, myself included, and we’ll gather some data.

Until then, it’s finger pointing and conjecture.

10 Likes

And I won’t either the current manufacturing ethos.

Then how could you possible call this product “good” when you are sometimes forced to externally mount the receiver when literally zero other remotes require this?

Join the club, I simple cannot fathom how anyone can not see that there are issues. Calling them resolved doesn’t make it true, obviously it criteria for resolved are very different.

I will grant you have been very civil and respectful, I applaud that. That does not mean that I have to agree with your opinion. I have asked about your criteria, you didn’t answer and continue to label this remote as reliable when it’s clear to most people it is not. That makes me question you motives.

Your welcome to your opinion. I didn’t want going to bring this up, but you did.

When I questioned your motivation you were in talks with Trampa regarding some time of monetary partnership. I think you should have recused yourself under those circumstances but I didn’t say so as it wasn’t my right.

Frankly, I’m done with this. A dozen people have placed themselves are direct opposition to me simply because it’s me. you don’t want me here, fine I won’t be here, y’all deal with the damn consequences of iresponsible behavior.

Uhh. Excuse me fuckin what?

You might want to check your memory before throwing shit out like that. That’s inaccurate, entirely.

My opposition with your involvement is that you’re completely unable to remove your personal bias and set a pretty terrible behavior example as a community moderator and leader when you act like this.

10 Likes

@Skaterboy58 can you please confirm whether you tried different locations for the receiver before you ended up leaving it outside? We need to know whether thats the only way it worked for you. its not clear in your report. cheers.

VESC project team.

As in BV & company.

Nowhere is there mention of me receiving monetary compensation.

I was offering to donate my time to an open source project.

Nice Mike. Real nice.

How about you go back to “VESC DRM” and “VESC IS TRACKING USERS!” conspiracies?

Want to post some more Private Messages from MK16?

2 Likes

As VESC and Trampa are essentially the same company now, how was I supposed to know that? All I know is what you tell me. Regardless, a partnership with the VESC team is still enough that taking sides in the issue was not entirely cool, yet you did it.

Didn’t you ask for proof? Didn’t you take a private MK16 conversation public last time?

Why is there one standard of conduct for me and another for everyone else? As I said earlier… I tried, I got accusations, a lack of basic respect and accused if an emotional bias.

Y’all can deal with the consequences. I’m out.

Because you are a moderator and this is NOT moderator behavior.

Personally I have a Wand and so far am more than happy with it. I have no affiliation with Trampa or any other vendor in this community and have always payed full price for all the items I own.
I have a lot more interest in whether the WAND is a solid remote as I use it and my life depends on it so I will not turn a blind eye to any problems there may be with it.

10 Likes

That’s your opinion, and an incorrect one as it stands.

Because you didn’t approach it scientifically.

You approached it like a political ad campaign. You’d already reached your conclusion and hadn’t bothered to do any testing or gather any data.

The issue is you could very well have had a point here, but you are so blinded by your personal bias you make a completely ineffective torch carrier.

Please do not insult all of us by trying to claim that you’re not also motivated by your personal issues with Frank.

4 Likes

This is for others apart from you and me to decide.

7 Likes

I don’t even have one, nor Ben.
We do our own stuff.
I’m just pointing out the fact that I wouldn’t be a source of info that should be regarded as reliable in such a case, nor would I do things like stripping back competitors hardware and present it on the internet. Would be shady and also illegal.

Illegal?

Device teardowns happen all the time. It depends how it’s handled I suppose.

Point being is that bringing up a completely unrelated topic is textbook deflection and serves no purpose in this discussion.

3 Likes

I’m sorry what? You have a guide on your site to open the wand up and flash FW. The part numbers are all printed on the components? Count me as very confused.

10 Likes

How? Aren’t these supposed to be open source projects? Isn’t the whole point of open source to be OPEN and communicative to make the best device available for the customer.

4 Likes

The first wand protos were stripped apart maytech remotes that you gutted.

8 Likes

@Trampa I’d like to throw this offer out there, for the purpose of transparency and safety given the topics at hand, and that we’re dealing with critical control systems.

I’m more than happy to send you guys an OSRR 1.0 when they’re finished. You have my consent to do a full teardown and post an honest review on it. You’ve got enough following to sink the project with a negative review, but I actually trust that you’d review it fairly, and so far we’ve had great results over thousands of miles of testing.

I have no problem with this level of transparency with the devices we’re entrusting our safety to.

There are also full open source design files available for schematic and firmware, so you’ll be able to review it extensively.

I intended on doing a review on the current market remote offerings so wanted to extend the same option to you.

20 Likes

I think he was talking about Libel. You can’t go around making baseless claims about your competitors.

1 Like