Some New FOCers (84V VESC 6 based controllers)

May I have one now? :money_with_wings:

7 Likes

Am I too anxious if I keep checking this thread at least every 3 hours to check if shaman released the website. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Same here. Especially because iā€™m vesc less. A raiden 7 or little focer, as long as it is a HV one. :money_with_wings:

1 Like

Expect something from me soonā€¦more soon than my usual ā€œsoonā€

8 Likes

@BillGordon can you help me out with pushing the new thread through moderation :slight_smile:

1 Like

no, he cannotā€¦

2 Likes

Oh. Maybe I donā€™t know the correct person to ask for. Well I guess we just have to wait

1 Like

Noooo! Letā€™s find the proper person!!! Lol
No more waitsā€¦ I want mine!! :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

You must ask @jamie or @longhairedboy

2 Likes

This is strangeā€¦
I thought that I already had my root canal on that one done a long time ago. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

welp. New thread. Bittersweet launch. Youā€™ll find out why in the thread.

6 Likes

I follow this project since few months now.
Very interesting project and excellent work :wink:
I am building an open source project too for escooter dashboards/display compatible with VESC : github Koxx3/SmartController_SmartDisplay_ESP32
Iā€™d like it to be compatible with 20s, but I struggle with the DC/DC part. I based my architecture on LM5164, but there is a worldwide shortage on this component.
So ā€¦my question is : what DC/DC buck converter are you using for your 15V ? is it still available ?

1 Like

Replied via PM

Reading some of my old posts. This one made me chuckle

7 Likes

Lol :rofl:

Thatā€™s always the concern when stocking a new product, but Iā€™m glad that it was unfounded in your case :slightly_smiling_face: you deserve the success youā€™re seeing!

4 Likes

Thanks man! I hope to see some good feedback from customers

2 Likes

Use this one from China, it works great, XL7045E1, 1ku price around 0.08$

1 Like

This chip has a max input voltage of 80V. A fully charged 20S battery is 84V. And ideally you want some margin. So a 95V or higher DC/DC converter chip is what I would suggest for 20S

2 Likes

Whats the deal with only 6 mosfets for 250A? Generally higher current boards have more mosfets, but these 6 are BIG, is it like a size vs space vs cost triangle? Im used to seeing people just slapping more and more mosfets on.

2 Likes

Has anyone gotten encoders to work with these? I canā€™t seem to get mine to work.

1 Like