Some New FOCers (84V VESC 6 based controllers)

You can’t rush perfection. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Update:

I’ve been working on cranking these out. Not gunna lie. It’s a lot of effort…but I feel it’s worth it.

I continue to get positive feedback from those that have been testing this controller. People have pushed this controller far beyond what I thought possible and it keeps on driving.

I prefer to be honest with any hiccups I encounter. Hiding such things aren’t my style and you guys would find out eventually anyways. That being said, the built in bluetooth works…but not in all conditions. It’s been discovered that metal enclosures and other factors can cause the signal to drop and connection to get lost. The only bandaid for this for this first batch is to use an external bluetooth like one would with most VESC controllers. I’ve already updated the design to use a bluetooth module with a more powerful output and a connector for an optional external antenna to be used. This should help get this signal to blast through metal barriers and whatever else.

I’ve been working to establish a relationship with a distributor. This distributor is building a website and business for this controller and other related products. One will be able to purchase my products from this distributor.

19 Likes

Future Motion had the exact same Bluetooth range issue on <= 4208 hardware.

6 Likes

That’s amazing!!! So excited for the launch!

The Bluetooth is a bummer for the moment, but particularly, I’m not going to use it all that much in my build. However, I’m sure you’ll find a solution! Your designs and enthusiasm for these have been inspiring, Shaman!

Congrats!

1 Like

Did you work out between you and your distributor what the magic number is going to be?

4 Likes

Endless Sphere crowd ready to attack with the credit card :sunglasses:

5 Likes

The endless sphere crowd are my OG homies. Not long now before the website is up with a wee bit of stock

8 Likes

We gonna get a new thread here before then?

1 Like

Yes. That will come with a new thread dedicated to the little FOCer. It’s about time

4 Likes

Looks like the BT module is placed in the worst possible place under the big metal heatsink near the USB C connector. Also make sure that there is no copper fill under the BT antenna.

I think a better placement alone would help a lot.

8 Likes

Did you test canbus ? What current can be run without heatsink with high airflow?

Whats the weight of the little guy

1 Like

Yeah pretty much lol. my bad. I made it more better for next time.

6 Likes

Yes I tested the CAN bus and so have others. Idk about about any kind of condition without a heatsink because don’t do that. It’s 9.9oz with the heatsink.

1 Like

wait wtf that’s uber light? thats like a tenth of a gallon… 300grams what max power and how long sustained.

1 Like

Do any of the 5V outputs have a resistor in series with them?

3 Likes

Max power is somewhere just north of 5kW at 80V but let’s say 5kW. Sustained power depends on your battery. thermal management, airflow, yadayada…but I’m doing 3kW on my ebike when I’m cruising.

2 Likes

No. Just TVS diode protection. A resistor would dampen noise but rob efficiency.

3 Likes

Light is good. No?

Whenn can we buy?! Take our monies!! Too excited to try this!!

1 Like

good.

sweet

5 Likes