Some New FOCers (84V VESC 6 based controllers)

ebike or shilly-car? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Shilly-bike?

3 Likes

Yess! I am so proud of you man! You are pushing two limits to new levels for all of us - Volts up (with this FOCer) and Dollars down (with the cheap FOCer). One would have been amazing, but youā€™re doing both! You have my respect and deepest gratitude!

10 Likes

Amazing! Let me know if you need a tester or help with software.

1 Like

Hi @shaman, now that is almost released the cheapfocer2, how far we are for the 20s to be in private beta?
Anyway Iā€™m going to order the cheapfocer2 also, buy the one I really want to try is the littlefocer on 20s :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh Boy I am building a 16S battery for a build. I dont think I would go 20S for a esk8 thatā€™s Gokart\Edirt Bike voltages. But I would love to see a 20S in action.

1 Like

Hi @shaman hope this thing is progressing well. Just sent a donation.
Are your plans to make this open source like the other focers?

A few of the Ventura crew are looking to build and test some of these.

7 Likes

These Iā€™m looking to sell commercially so I wonā€™t be open sourcing the hardware outright like I did with the CFOC2. Firmware will be open source just like any other vesc based controller though.

Iā€™ll be revisiting my beta tester list that I already have for these controllers to gauge interest.

11 Likes

My shop has been getting remodeled for the past few weeks so I havenā€™t been able to make any progress until itā€™s done. Went all out though. Epoxy flooring, more shelving/benches, more lighting, insulation all around, AC unit, etc. Iā€™ll get back to it once itā€™s all done in a week or so

9 Likes

Iā€™m jelly. What color?

Pics expected when you get done.

1 Like

This color. Light grey and beige flecks. This way I can see ICs and parts that I drop on the floor much easier. More pictures will come after completion for sure. Actually I think thereā€™s a thread on this forum for shop picsā€¦

13 Likes

That sneaky teaser tho :fire:

6 Likes

Yes, and please update it Show us your shop. Or wherever you build Would love to see it :laughing:

8 Likes

Could 3D print a strip to capture a row of nuts.

1 Like

@shaman I always asked myself why do you not use smd electrolyt capacitors and mount them on the side of the mosfets. Adding the high of mosfets and heat sink should be equaivalent to the high of the smd capacitors. The price and quality should not have an big impact. Please be aware, i am fare away of your knowledge! I am only curious! The image below is from your cheap focer 2 schematic.

4 Likes

https://forum.esk8.news/t/show-us-your-shop-or-wherever-you-build/959/382?u=shaman

Thatā€™s actually how Iā€™ve got the caps arranged now.

I havenā€™t talked about this much since I donā€™t wanna just keep posting renders and adding to meaningless hype. Iā€™ll tell more about it once Iā€™ve got a working unit on hand.

12 Likes

Beautiful! And there is no meanignless hype. The more the better! I am also looking forward in your new FOCer and hope i can use it for my future E-Bike project instead of the Phaserunner from ebikes.ca..

3 Likes

yeahy last time that didnā€™t go well *cough * Jeff *cough *

2 Likes

Speak for yourself Iā€™ve got some 3 shunt focboxes :sunglasses::sunglasses:

5 Likes