Some New FOCers (84V VESC 6 based controllers)

dont worry about it, gotta do more research first.

1 Like

20s is like 100km/h :joy: not saying it’s not possible… but :joy: how ever. NY city kids need that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

special edition 45kv dd?

130kv belt drive? with ground shredding torque?

or some 130kv belt drives + @Psychotiller six shooter?

3 Likes

Ideally a high voltage system gets paired with low kv motors…or a hell of a reduction gear ratio.

6 Likes

Here I see the issue. My point is always first on mtbs and 1:6 is already pretty close to no real clearance. As min not with 8“ wheels. If I step up to 9“ the speed rise up again as well.
I as well see an issue in getting reliable low kV motors. I mean sub 100kV is pretty limited with the choice. Yes in china you get everything, but not everything is also reliable.

The good thing i see in the high voltage vesc that you can run them reliable at 12-14s with loads of buffer.

I‘m definitely following this and for sure as well ready for some beta testing when it’s on the time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

um custom sk3 ~100kv, problem solved?

1 Like

So what you’re saying is that there’s 2 aspects in this market for me to take advantage of. High voltage ESCs AND reliable low kv motors. Maybe a product line of Mother FOCing Motors are in order here.

7 Likes

i mean almost any brushless dc motor can run at 20s (as long as winding’s dont short out due to voltage jumping.)

problem is the magnets/ the shaft.

i cant imagine how much torque would go through the shaft, 130kv + 20s (if you can even handle the torque lol)

2 Likes

and the ungodly RPM you get with it. eRPM at that point may exceed what the ESC is capable of.

2 Likes

With some as5047 Encoder or custom sensored it would be an option

1 Like

@Chibatterysystems

130kv + 20s nominal is only 65k

1 Like

Reliable motors are a big issue in my opinion. Lots of problems with lose magnets or retaining rings. Motors which are good today can be shit tomorrow because of lack of quality control or change of supplier. Some vendors try to address this by now but at the moment I don’t see that problem solved.

2 Likes

Interesting info. gives me an idea or two…

1 Like

Well I guess we should get back on topic here. Not that the discussion wasn’t fun or useful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Battle harden motor (filling gaps between the magnets with epoxy) and a support bearings for the bell are a good start.

3 Likes

Totally agree! How you see mounting a heat sink with the two rows of fets? The outer row shouldn’t be an issue but the inner?

3 Likes

They make this sort of aluminum channel that would work. You can then couple the channel to other chunks of aluminum

6 Likes

You need slim fingers to add the nut on the inner fets thou :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah. I was thinking long tweezers and a magnetic tip screw driver inserted through the mounting holes of the front row. You would mount the back row first then the front.

3 Likes