Some New FOCers (84V VESC 6 based controllers)

Thanks for that, and congrats!

3 Likes

Fair enough!

I wish other hardware developers would post these kind of waveforms somewhere…

4 Likes

Looking forward to see them pretties running in builds! GG!

2 Likes

Most stuff I probe has an NDA attatched to it :man_shrugging:

…man that sound dirty af.

6 Likes

It’s ok. You can probe my FETs anytime @linsus. No NDA required.

8 Likes

Rigged up my ebike for 72V and threw in the Little FOCer. 60A FOC and started at around 82V. 37mph on a bike is a bit scary at first but super fun! I bet I can top this out at 40mph on a proper straight road

20 Likes

I approve of your wiring job.

+8 fossy qc points

7 Likes

That’s actually the first time I’ve seen wire nuts in a build.

6 Likes

Definitely not recommended for very long. I go between configuring the batteries for 10s or 20s depending on the controller. I need to make an adapter cable to so i can better connect them in series or parallel without wire nuts

1 Like

ebike or shilly-car? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Shilly-bike?

3 Likes

Yess! I am so proud of you man! You are pushing two limits to new levels for all of us - Volts up (with this FOCer) and Dollars down (with the cheap FOCer). One would have been amazing, but you’re doing both! You have my respect and deepest gratitude!

10 Likes

Amazing! Let me know if you need a tester or help with software.

1 Like

Hi @shaman, now that is almost released the cheapfocer2, how far we are for the 20s to be in private beta?
Anyway I’m going to order the cheapfocer2 also, buy the one I really want to try is the littlefocer on 20s :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh Boy I am building a 16S battery for a build. I dont think I would go 20S for a esk8 that’s Gokart\Edirt Bike voltages. But I would love to see a 20S in action.

1 Like

Hi @shaman hope this thing is progressing well. Just sent a donation.
Are your plans to make this open source like the other focers?

A few of the Ventura crew are looking to build and test some of these.

7 Likes

These I’m looking to sell commercially so I won’t be open sourcing the hardware outright like I did with the CFOC2. Firmware will be open source just like any other vesc based controller though.

I’ll be revisiting my beta tester list that I already have for these controllers to gauge interest.

11 Likes

My shop has been getting remodeled for the past few weeks so I haven’t been able to make any progress until it’s done. Went all out though. Epoxy flooring, more shelving/benches, more lighting, insulation all around, AC unit, etc. I’ll get back to it once it’s all done in a week or so

9 Likes

I’m jelly. What color?

Pics expected when you get done.

1 Like

This color. Light grey and beige flecks. This way I can see ICs and parts that I drop on the floor much easier. More pictures will come after completion for sure. Actually I think there’s a thread on this forum for shop pics…

13 Likes