Some New FOCers (84V VESC 6 based controllers)

We are all following. @shaman is the man behind it. He will nailed. I am sure

3 Likes

JLCPCB’s update

Looks like the prototype will have to wait until this coronavirus outbreak calms down. Ya’ll take care over there in China. Get well soon!

11 Likes
  • Production of SMT assembly and stencils has been resumed on February 12.
  • Production of 4&6 layer and ENIG PCBs will temporarily be postponed until further notice.

One step closer. Need them 4 layer boards though

11 Likes

I am pretty handy with software. Let me know if there is anything I can help with(a website for example).

Oh also, I have a low current application and would be happy to test the old beta boards. May be able to help find buffs in the firmware n what not.

2 Likes

Welcome! Let one of the @moderators know if you run up against your post limit while you are working with @shaman and they can bump your account to avoid losing momentum.

in the meantime it would be great to learn more about you, if you get some time introduce yourself over here

3 Likes

Thanks for notice. Account bumped!

3 Likes

@BillGordon back to doing what he does best, bumpin uglies

5 Likes

unnamed (3)

1 Like

Well, I broke my controller. Any chance I can get my hands on the low current prototype? Otherwise, I’ll be looking at a 36v vesc :poop:.

1 Like

Nah you don’t wanna mess with that. Trust me. Thankfully JLCPCB’s SMT service resumes tomorrow and I can resume this endeavor.

10 Likes

Awe. Well too bad. Would rather send my money your way.

2 Likes

Order placed for revision of Little FOCer :slight_smile:

16 Likes

I’ve got an application that could use that.

36 kW brushless motor for an aircraft. It came with a Sevcon but I hear they are a bitch to program.

3 Likes

Yeah SEVCON is notorious for that. I’d like to challenge them one day with that higher powered controller I spoke of. Gotta get these smaller ones mastered and done first though.

3 Likes

If you ever go that route let me know.

This is a repurposed electric motorcycle engine and it is a long term project.

2 Likes

I’ll just leave this here. Let’s see who can interpret this :slight_smile:

23 Likes

You have to be proud of you! Really impressing achievement

5 Likes

Congratulations :confetti_ball::champagne::tada::balloon:

4 Likes

Looks like you’re meassuring the ringing on the rising edge?
Can’t really tell where Y1 is but delta seems to be 7.2V. (guessing Y1 is the flat part after the ringing)
So a 7.2V ringing of maybe 100ns on 20S ?

Hard to tell how long one peroid is but your DIV looks like 500ns? Frequency is definatly in the kHz area but can’t say more than that :man_shrugging:

4 Likes