Some New FOCers (84V VESC 6 based controllers)

Im digging the new profile pic dude! Though for us folks who run a dark theme, contrast is a bit of an issue :sweat_smile:

Screenshot_20210209-013547

Not at bad as the MakerX guy’s pic though. That thing is damn near invisible!

5 Likes

use “I cant read it instead” and you cant read anything else, too. :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

1 Like

Is this batch already for sale?

I love this unit perfect for my up coming bomber ebike build I like the design and engineering behind it, it will make it easy to repair. I really wanted to do 20S but not the most practical with vesc.

2 Likes

Whilst eagerly awaiting the release of the little FOCER. I’ve been planning and acquiring the rest of my onewheel build. One bit I’m still unsure about is the best way to switch one of these on. I’ve seen anti spark switches, loop keys and bms with built in power switching but what is the best way to do it?

2 Likes

“best”

You used that word

So the answer is loopkey

Cost is <$10 and reliability is super, super, super high.

Even if you use another solution, I would also still use a loopkey.

4 Likes

this plus anti spark loop key, might be a lottle overkill on the amps haha

oh flipsky has a new high V switch also.

yeah that looks like a better fit but it’s new so prob unreliable

2 Likes

Doen’t the LittleFOCer have a switch built-in, just like the CheapFOCer2 ? On the CFOC2 there’s no anti-spark switch needed.

2 Likes

The Little FOCer does already have a built in on/off function. Just hook up a latching switch of choice to the “On/Off” JST connector. Open is On. Closed is Off

4 Likes

That’s great! I obviously have a lot to learn :joy:

1 Like

Wham, bam, slap the lamb.
Done. Love it.

4 Likes

So eta on when we can buy one?! :hourglass_flowing_sand::money_with_wings:

Soon :tm:

3 Likes
3 Likes

But will it ever really be not dangerous? :thinking:

1 Like

I know the eta is … soon but when can we start getting excited :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You can’t rush perfection. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Update:

I’ve been working on cranking these out. Not gunna lie. It’s a lot of effort…but I feel it’s worth it.

I continue to get positive feedback from those that have been testing this controller. People have pushed this controller far beyond what I thought possible and it keeps on driving.

I prefer to be honest with any hiccups I encounter. Hiding such things aren’t my style and you guys would find out eventually anyways. That being said, the built in bluetooth works…but not in all conditions. It’s been discovered that metal enclosures and other factors can cause the signal to drop and connection to get lost. The only bandaid for this for this first batch is to use an external bluetooth like one would with most VESC controllers. I’ve already updated the design to use a bluetooth module with a more powerful output and a connector for an optional external antenna to be used. This should help get this signal to blast through metal barriers and whatever else.

I’ve been working to establish a relationship with a distributor. This distributor is building a website and business for this controller and other related products. One will be able to purchase my products from this distributor.

19 Likes

Future Motion had the exact same Bluetooth range issue on <= 4208 hardware.

6 Likes

That’s amazing!!! So excited for the launch!

The Bluetooth is a bummer for the moment, but particularly, I’m not going to use it all that much in my build. However, I’m sure you’ll find a solution! Your designs and enthusiasm for these have been inspiring, Shaman!

Congrats!

1 Like