[SOLVED] WTB Motor Keyways and Belts

Wanting to buy:

3x3x14mm motor keyway. I need this to keep pully on my motor shaft. At least 2

290-300mm x 12mm belts. My 280 ones are a little tight and I’m afraid they will put a lot of strain on my motor mount. At least 2

Thank you! Please PM asap

1 Like

Get 285 and 290 belts instead.

3 Likes

12mm wide?

1 Like

Depends on your pulleys. But a too-tight 280 belt situation should be fine with 285.

2 Likes

Ok yeah, I found some belts (320mm long, ill need to move my motor back). I just need the keyways. I can buy them online but the shipping is 10 dollars for some pieces of steel.

1 Like

I get all my belts from Ali, but I’m on the same continent. Do a search and you’ll find U.S. suppliers.

1 Like

ill get mine from torqueboards here. they are 12.99 for 4 of them. now I just need the keyways

1 Like
2 Likes

Yes, that one is 20mm long, i need 14 because my motors are 6354

No Dremel?

1 Like

I mean I could, but then it wont be rounded on the end. will that make a huge difference?

2 Likes

Dremel can shape as well as cut if you have the right attachments. Money well spent.

1 Like

Ok yeah you’re right, i’ll go ahead and buy those belts and keyways.

1 Like

Backup option. 3x3x13.

3 Likes

Too late, bought some already. Thanks though

(Check PM)

1 Like

A fine hand file is all you need.

I’ve done that countless times. Even if they fit, they often don’t fit.

Make the rounded shape with the file. It’s there for a reason, don’t just square off the end. The round part doesn’t snag when you install or remove the pulley. Turn the key so the round edge is perpendicular to the motor shaft, up and down.

1 Like

Ok thanks I’ll probably do that

Use www.vbeltguys.com . They get all my service for belts. Just use the search bar and search “285-5m-12” (or 15 if your pulley is 15mm)

1 Like

Thanks for that! But I already bought some… thanks though! I’ll check them out

1 Like

For the future at least. Waaaayyyyy cheaper than getting from TB and endless variety.

6.99 flat rate shipping. That could be a plus or a negative for you :man_shrugging:

1 Like