[SOLVED] FS Anti-Spark is trolling me (turning back on magically)

Allright I found a better solution. I used the normaly closed contact of a 5V relais to switch a smaller resistor across the capacitors.
When the voltage drops under 5V the Relais activates the discharge resistor. This now drains the voltage much faster.

7 Likes

One resistor was getting a little bit warm when I turned it on and off in quick succession so I now got 4 in parallel. This now also works with all 4 vesc connected. When turned on it only consumes 0,04W for the relais.
Thank you @Gamer43 and @Battery_Mooch for your help.

9 Likes

Excellent! Glad you found a solution.

6 Likes

Iā€™m glad he did too! Given I have 4 of their switches enroute. :fireworks: :star_struck:

3 Likes

Push to start and auto sleep is working very good. Like a quarter turn of one motor and itā€™s on. My Trampa vesc 6 need a very long strong push before anything happens.

5 Likes

wow :flushed:thatā€™s even better than god tier lingyi esc push to turn on feature

4 Likes

Turns on great. With 4wd it will probably be instant.

BTW you can hear the discharge relay stopping as soon as it turns on.

4 Likes

due to private questions about the circuit I created a little diagram that should help replicate it.

Function:
When the board gets powered on the 5V from the VESC disengage the NC Contact of the Realis and no power is wasted.
When the board shuts off the capacitors will drain to just under 5V and then the Relais Shuts off Enganging the NC contact and activating the discharge resistor.

It still works great on my 12s board. I have not testet it on other voltages but I guess ist should work as well.

3 Likes

@Blise518B Thanks heaps for posting this up. I have the same issue using the FlipSky AS and a Maker X DV6 ESC.

Whatā€™s the type of 5V Relay youā€™re using? The ones Iā€™ve come across are large and used for Arduino builds. The circuit in your image is tiny.

So far Iā€™m not entirely impressed with the FlipSky AS, this is the first digital AS Iā€™ve tested coming off loop keys. Using a loop key just feels definitiveā€¦

Cheers

1 Like

I used this random relay I had laying around. I wrapped it in foam to dampen the vibrations. If you buy a new one you could try to find one thatā€™s especially build for vibration resistance.

At first i was also annoyed about the FS Anti spark but after the mod it has been more reliable than any other Anti spark I ever used. Since the button is non latching there is no chance it can disengage when you hit a deep crack.

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/na-5w-k/fujitsu?utm_term=backorder&utm_currency=&utm_campaign=arrow_findchips_2021_Americas&utm_medium=aggregator&region=nac&utm_source=findchips&utm_content=inv_listing

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had 2 of these switches fail on me now, the first one killed my remotes rx because it stayed on for weeks. Anyone have a recommendation for an anti spark that actually works?

A loop key xD xD
I stopped using these after one killed my battery by turning on magically while in storageā€¦
The flipsky one WITHOUT the push to start works a lot better. I just give up the feature, Its just too sensitive, and to make it work properly it would probably be too un-sensitive to be useful

3 Likes

I saw flipsky has a new offering with an on/off switch for the push to start. As much as i hate flipsky, i might have to give it a shot.

1 Like

You speak English just fine and write it as well as me(this is not a compliment :wink:),a native .Even though your spelling is on par with mine its easy to understand you.

Glad you sorted your issue

1 Like

With the additional discharge circuit my board has been reliably turning off on its own and still works to this day. I never have to use the button. Just roll to start and it shuts off on its own.

Itā€™s only a sample size of one so it doesnā€™t proof anything but if you are having trouble I can really recommend my solution.

4 Likes

I decided to just loop key mine. No more questioning if itā€™s going to kill my battery.

1 Like