Mountain Board Build

Also the Dv6 is solid but its just a slightly better version of a flipshit vesc, so it does have its own issues. If ur gonna unplug it u might as well make a loop key setup and just have ur board setup like that.

1 Like

True…

I might do that. Would be nice to declutter the ESC enclosure anyway lol.

1 Like

indeed. And for the bluetooth issue make sure all 4 of the wire pins are in the correct place on the uart port. If all pins are in he proper spot and u still cant connect to ur bluetooth swap the pins for tx and rx data connection. So basically place the Tx pin in rx pin slot and Rx into Tx pin slot.

and make sure in app settings > general that “ppm and uart” is enabled on both sides of the vesc.

Also please never make any changes to ur vesc via bluetooth if possible, ur putting ur life in the hands of the vesc and the board itself everytime u ride so u should never change any settings wirelessly as if the connection drops for watever reason that could lead to u getting badly hurt while attempting to ride the board. Plus Mobile vesc tool can be finiky when changing settings via bluetooth. And some ppl swear by only using bluetooth to do any changes,updates to vesc but imo its the dumbest shit ever because of wat i mentioned earlier.

And lastly since ur rocking a 12s5p p42a with 225amps continous but the maker can only do 120 amp continous for ur battery current limit which is the absolute highest amp discharge the vesc is capable of dropping while full throttle ur motor settings should look as follows:

Motor currrent=80
Motor max brake= -80

Battery current limit (per vesc side)=60a at the most but 40 or 50 if ur a bit more conservative.

Battery regen (high speed brakes past 20+mph) = -12 to -15a depending on ur preference of how strong or weak u want ur brakes to be.

Also ur motor current controls how ur board accelerates at low speed and hill climbing capability, so the lower ur motor current the shitter ur acceleration and hill climbing will be.

Oh and fuse ur charge port, do not ever let ur board charge without a fuse because if for watever reason that charge port sparks or anything it can send that surge of current and cause a battery fire and put ur ass on the news.

1 Like

I also had the same problem. you can fix it for like 2$

1 Like

I Agree that mobile apps can be finiky but if you use Bluetooth with the pc its exactly like pugging in a cable. Even when it disconnects mid software update it wont break. Just make sure to read the settings again after your re done to confirm everything is right. But you should also do that anyway even when using a cable.

2 Likes

dam thats a neat trick cheer m8

1 Like

Battery will be here tomorrow and I can’t wait!

Enclosure is mounted with rubber isolators, cables are made and routed. All that’s really left is to mount the bttery in the enclosure and program the ESC.

I also made a loop key and may end up using it, but only to make space in the enclosure. The anti spark switch may end up getting sold or repurchased. Who knows, just lemme ride first hahaha

You’re probably fine, but my preferred method of securing top mount battery cases is to have countersunk bolts in the bottom of the deck so it’s flat, and this type of insert in the plastic of the case. So it also sits flush to the bottom of the case and there’s no chance of a bolt head poking the battery.

1 Like

Way ahead of ya haha. I’ve got inserts in the deck, epoxied in place, with rubber isolators epoxied in them, big washer between enclosure and bolt, and finally a rubber sheet over the bolt heads

2 Likes

Big problems here, the ESC won’t power on, and it creates a big ass spark when I plug the connector in. Yes, even with xt90S’s and the Flipsky anti spark. Removed the anti spark from the equation, and the same.
Attaching a bunch of pictures of the PCB, incase ya’ll can see something I can’t…

2 Likes

That’s not good… Especially since I’m building almost the same board with the same makerx

I can’t offer any help. It’s my first build

I would try contacting makerx (or ebmakers as they’re known now) to see if you can get a replacement - looks like it was dead on arrival. @YUTW123 pls. help him out if you can

1 Like

For sure. I sent them a message through the chat on the their site…

we’ll see…

1 Like

No response yet. But I really wanna ride this thing!

1 Like

I emailed them, and they emailed back. All they asked was what the battery voltage is and the current. I caught the email immediately and responded, but they still haven’t got back to me.

That was 2 days ago… :sleepy:

1 Like

Hey, late.
Is the battery reversed?
Do you have a multimeter? Measure whether the supply port is short-circuited.

1 Like

All parts used in this build are for sale. Will explain later. Let me know.

Have paypal, and prefer it for everyone’s security.

Who built the battery?