(sold out at the moment) Lightly used LG18650MH1 (Blue) 3200mAh 10A 3.63V 11.62Wh = $1.1 for one or less. US Seller

Thanks for being understanding. You can purchase them and if they are not working out for you, I will refund you and take them back, 100% moneyback guarantee.

I intend to sell here a lot so my reputation is everything right now.

7 Likes

Why’d you have to go and be all nice about it? Here i was highly caffeinated and ready to send a dozen papers your way haha.
No but I calmed down on the drive.

Here’s a couple relevant papers:
discussing vibration on cells /spot welds:
https://books.google.com/books/about/Lithium_Ion_Battery_Failures_in_Consumer.html?id=TVSzDwAAQBAJ

Here’s on vibratins effect on sheer strength:

The vibration thing is very well documented in engineering and academia. Cyclic stresses bring down bridges , buildings more often than single load stresses. Basically after every application the metal becomes stiffer and brittle. So eventually even the little oscillation will cause plastic deformation (permanent bendiny)

That aside, we build our packs to stand up to this vibration. It’s been the cause of many a fire around here.

1 Like

Hey what kind of shipping rates are we looking at for australia. If you can ship to me Id be interested in 100+ cells

Thanks to @midlifecrisis for your order. 40 cells flying your way tomorrow.

Looking forward to the cells. Will report back. This my First attempt to build a 18650 battery. I did a few lipo 10s packs b4.

I would suggest you to get some spare cells like 5 extra. firstly to practice spot welding and secondly to have a spare if a cell is not good.
For that price they on sale it definitely makes sense and save you troubles later.

4 Likes

thank you @RobbieP for your order, 80 cells flying your way tomorrow,

Will post pics of battery packs these cells come from today, along with additional battery packs for sale

2 Likes

Trying to convince my buddy to build a pack for his ebike rather than shell out for a prebuilt. Watching this thread.

2 Likes

So will you ship these international to australia or not?

Oh sorry, missed your post. I will but you’d have to either buy me a label or send me shipping money directly so I don’t have to wait for the hold on the funds to clear off. And figure out if it’s worth it for you, quote the price with my approx. address and yours as final destination through usps and come back to me when you figure out if the price is acceptable to you. each cell weighs approx 47g, with the box adding about 1.2lb of weight.

1 Like

@dog. Thank you for the super fast shipping. The cells looks good. I have not build my battery yet so I could not testify on how good the cells are but the services is good.

All the cells are between 4.00v and 4.02v. All the cells came from the same battery pack so it looks good.

1 Like

Thanks @Dog !! Found an easy way to take these apart, and all batteries so far are within .03 volts of one another! Going to put together a 12s10p pack to go into my DS EVO! Woooot! Exited!

5 Likes

So the tabs come off easily? Do they make holes or leave torn little pieces of metal on the cells when you pull them off?

1 Like

Yes, please share your secrets

1 Like

I will make a YouTube video in the morning tommo

4 Likes

It still leaves little tabs that need to be cleaned off, and little indents from spot welds. But I am not concerned about that

3 Likes

120 cells disassembled and stripped of excess nickel, a few hours of labor but well worth it! Most cells are at 4.06 volts a few at 4v and a few at 4.14 but over all very happy with this!

3 Likes

Here is a video of the pack disassembley

The pack is a 10s4p not 13s looool :laughing:

6 Likes

Have you ever shorted the middle of the positive with the outer ring? It sparks…
I did almost the same thing but with a flat plier and messed up… the plier cut through the plastic ring :boom:

2 Likes