The battery builders club

Perfect sex appeal :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

6 Likes

Anyone else keep getting this garbage with their corner chompers?

The first corner goes great then the second gets wrangled into this mess. Only happens with the 1.5mm stuff.

1 Like

Worst pain known to man.

2 Likes

This guy is like “just stick em together in parallel to balance” …

http://liionbms.com/php/wp_parallel_balance.php

The worse scenario I can come up with is 4.2v cell with a bunch of 2.8v cells. all with like 10mΩ IR. could approach 140 Amps ( 1.4v / 10mΩ )

sounds safe. /s

12s7p P42A for an mtb in the works

10 Likes

649s in @Skyart removing nickel on salvaged pack

from this thread

5 Likes

Yo check your ins dms I gotchu fam

Edit: explaination for this comment will come public around September

6 Likes

Lol :joy: yea hopefully only after a voltage check. I stacked all 12 P groups into one giant P group to balance. But the variance between them before was like .008 V :man_shrugging:t2: ie: irrelevant
Generally not recommended

2 Likes

Those stickers complete the look

1 Like

My guess would be that the dies are just slightly misaligned.

If you’re clipping left<>right, maybe change to up<>down on the same side of the chompers to see if that gives expected results?

Another test: try a piece of paper and see if you get a clean side and a torn side.

(I’m assuming yours are a progressive guillotine rather than a shear-everything-at-once straight cut and more sensitive to the leading edge geometry)

2 Likes

When I disassemble these packs, I leave the black spacers in place to use as a surface from which to roll the tabs off. It’s actually very easy to bend these cans. I always disassemble the bottom first, that way I can just rip into the BMS without a care in the world.

There’s a lesson I learned the hard way somewhere up in this thread. :smiley:

1 Like

i have this one that shows % and voltage, you just press the right button to change betwoon them

1 Like

Yeah the only annoying thing about that one is the size, in the use manual for the smaller ones, there’s a version that has two buttons on the back to switch between voltage and percent, while being the small form factor

1 Like

I freaking love batteries.

Never would have thought I would look at a battery in much the same way I look at a sports car.

Does anyone feel like people are taking light electric vehicles for granted? The first thing in human history you can carry into your house under one arm that can magically carry us 10, to as much as 50 or 60 miles, and only like 1% (or less) of the population has one. I bet at least 90% of the American population will be using some sort of light electric vehicles within the next 30 years. Perhaps sooner.

4 Likes

@whaddys the only things that have continuity are the negative balance pin and the B- line… everything else has a closed gate

1 Like

Straight forward voltage read and nothing else :joy:

4 Likes

10s4p p42a for mini evo redo almost done, i like how this is turning out

9 Likes

Why do I have 19 BMSs…help

3 Likes