Smoke. Melted/blown fuse on antispark switch. What happened here?

and don’t get the old vedder switches.

Could just make yourself a kick-ass loopkey holder. Mine looks like a lawn mower handle :joy:

best antispark / eswitch ever is the 300A Flier. 5 fets and a heat sink. Even Jake can keep them working for multiple years.

This guy?

Makes me wonder. What’s the switch in Lonestar?

Is that the LunaCycle one basically?

Yeah that looks like it.

I can understand how the antispark switch works, but I am rather new to this, and I don’t even know what a loopkey is. Lol.

What would abusing it look like exactly?

1 Like

I see. I really like this. I really don’t like the idea of trying to solder on a circuit board. This seems so much simpler. Thanks for sharing this. Are there any drawbacks of this vs. an antispark switch/power button?

the only drawback of a loopkey that I can think of would be, needing to find a place to hold the loopkey for physical access and looking pretty at the same time.

1 Like

Yes, what @frame said. The biggest disadvantage of a loopkey is appearance.

Best you can do is epoxy the male end (the one with prongs) into the board somewhere

The best looking photos I have seen are when folks mount them up near the trucks somewhere, or in the hole on a drop-through deck that’s been top mounted

1 Like

Would you just have to connect the positive/ground wire ends to some connectors? I’m assuming it comes with the wires and the switch soldered on.

the button has a connector and the last several I got had tinned leads on the inputs and outputs.

Well dadgum. It’s a shame it will take over a month to ship. Gonna have to figure out something out between now and then.

Okay, so, I tried something that I maybe should not have, and clamped the burnt prong of the fuse onto the circuit board, and it turned on and ran smoothly like nothing was wrong at all. So, theoretically, since nothing in the antispark switch fried, or anything else for that matter, I should be able to just remove the other female connector and solder the fuse straight onto the board, and all is good, right?

Just what the doctor ordered:

I am down to make a loopkey and figure all that out eventually, but did you see my last reply? I think I should just be able to solder a fuse onto my existing antispark switch and I’m gold. The only thing that worries me is the somewhat constant “clean” smell coming from my battery. Lol.

You should not continue to use that burnt antispark unless you are ok with a possible fire.

Also, I know that liion batteries can have a certain smell when stressed and ready to vent so maybe that’s not a good thing as well.

Get a new switch or make a loop key

2 Likes