Smart BMS order

Yeah biggest thing about these if you set the balancing precision to 0.01 and have balancing always on it can get stuck in a balancing loop and drain itself trying to get all the cells within 0.01V.

Either way you should only balance while charging to avoid that situation all together!

3 Likes

I’ve only seen these on static mode. Personally, I only set my unit to this when my cells have drifted too much, and when cycling a pack.

1 Like

@thisguyhere Anything new? (I know it’s only been a couple days :rofl:)

no bms yet. in fact haven’t even gotten a shipment notification, will send off an email. but the metr stuff is here!

2 Likes

If you have a spare 12s BMS I may snag one.

anyone miss this buy and wanna start a new one with me? I’m in the NYC area.

got dhl tracking today, new batch will be here next weds.

3 Likes

hey when these arrive and I pay you can I send you some extra bucks to ship this and my metrs priority? my nickel arrives today and im going to wrap up this battery this week… u know how that instant self gratifications works =P

1 Like

ok 12s are ready for order:

https://esk8life.com/?product=smart-bms-12s

those doubling up with metr modules, they’ve been sent.

3 Likes

Did you send out BMS to everyone who also had a Metr coming, or only to folks who asked to have the shipments combined? Not sure if I need to place a BMS order or not.

I ordered 4 METRs and 2 BMSs and all were the same order, got it in yesterday

1 Like

Lemme check yours, so you have two order #s and was expecting one package right?

I only have an order # for the Metr so far

Ok then ur metr is on the way, bms order will be separate

1 Like

Joe, did my BMS Ship?

shiit! sorry! i’ll send it off today, priority mail so it gets there fast, my bad.

wait, what part of LA are you in?

Thanks man, lemme pm you :love_you_gesture:t3:

Are these values looking correct? I’m on android and my app doesnt.look the same.as @JoeyZ5 above… I downloaded the app of their site but maybe its the wrong one?? But not thinking that…

12s8p Sanyo 3.5ah per cell… 28ah total

Cycle capacity number vs nominal pack.capacity is tripping me up but…

1 Like

It looks good to me, it does seem pretty different than the IOS one.

Cycle capacity might be the capacity you get out of the cycle if you are using less of the batteries range, like maybe if you were only going between 3.3v-4.0v it might be lower than the nominal capacity. That is just a guess though.

1 Like