Smart BMS order

what the arrival timing of the metrs? close enough to wait for 1 shipment from you on all or? thx

Hoping they’re here at the same time and double up shipping

1 Like

@thisguyhere would you happen to know where I can get a balance lead connector for the 12s version? Need an extra and my search is coming up nada.

Let me see if I got an extra, holdup

1 Like

Have you ordered these yet? I’d like to nab a 3s 30a module. I’ve also got a Metr order and not in a hurry for either.

Dear @thisguyhere - I’m late to this party.
If there happens to be a bluetooth

12s liion (20a)

that could ship with my Metr Pro…such fortune would bring much happiness to my heart. No big deal if I missed the boat. Appreciate your efforts to equip us with these goodies!

I already did. In just bulk buy then sell later.

I paid dhl so they should be here next week.

1 Like

crap sorry, order got placed before i saw your msg.

yup, smart bms = bluetooth

2 Likes

Yes there is.

1 Like

What’s the app? @BigBen

1 Like
3 Likes

I’m confused how this order worked… but if you ordered extra I could take a 12s li-ion one with my metr order (160 iirc)

lol yea it’s a separate thing. but PM me if you want your metr and bms shipped together.

Anyone got the iPhone app settings figured out yet ? Shit is kinda confusing

1 Like

I’ve gotten pretty fluent with the XiaoxiangBMS app if that’s what you are having problems with. What’s up with it?

1 Like

The bms tab, are those values to enter per cell ? Pretty sure mine doesn’t balance right now, I don’t think I have the balance stuff entered correctly.

@pookybear seems to know the setting, pls share

1 Like

Here’s what I have in my balance settings:

You have to make sure you are currently charging to balance if you have that setting enabled. Also don’t forget that the cell voltages have to be above what you set under start voltage.

Here’s what I have in the other tabs for my 12s8p HG2. It may be slightly different than yours because I’m charging to 4.15v per cell and also using a 10s BMS converted to 12s.

As you can see some are for the whole battery and some are just per cell.

5 Likes

Very helpful thank you.

4 Likes

Important settings here are these two for balancing:

• Start voltage / Balance Turn on voltage (droid)
  • Delta to balance / Balance Precision (droid)

Start voltage is pretty straight forward. Balancing will start once the cell goes over this threshold.

Delta to balance is how well you want your cells to be within each other. In the manual, it states not to go below 0.02v if your cells are good. But with this setting, it almost never triggers the balancing. So I set mine to 0.003 or 3mV.

4 Likes