Small board | Loaded Coyote | 12s1p P45B | Unlimited hub motor

Weird! I just watched it a minute ago and now it won’t show for me either

Is there even a codec our web browsers support for playing back videos on this damn site? :laughing:

I always just download any videos people post if I really want to watch them. I don’t comprehend why firefox can’t just use the dang h264 decoding libraries already installed on my device, legal or not.

1 Like

MP4

is a container format, not a codec, and has very little to do with how a video plays in the browser. As an avid pedant, I’d expect you to be aware of this.

H.264 works pretty universally. H.265 (HEVC) is the one many browsers have issues with, even when decoding libraries exist on a device.

On an iPhone, Settings → Camera → Formats → Most Compatible will record videos in H.264. Attaching an existing HEVC video to an email should convert it to H.264, but it’s a bit of a pain.

5 Likes

I use plastidip spray or flex seal for this, works like a charm!

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t realize my old-ass-phone was even recording in H.265. Transcoded both to H.264, works on my browser at least now :laughing:

Shame though, cuz HEVC is so much smaller… AV1 can’t come soon enough.

3 Likes

Much better :slight_smile: Didn’t even have to drill new holes, the side-to-side wobble is gone.

These baseplates do be tall! Doesn’t sit completely level with the rear, but I can either add a riser (lol no) or change the angle on the adjustable baseplate. But I’ll take it for a ride first.

4 Likes

Oh… I need those baseplates in my life, wow

2 Likes

not worth 800e

Yep, the price kills me… Then again, it’s by far the most used board I own, and really highlights how important size and weight is for esk8 practicality in urban environments.

I kinda want to make a V2 of this board, but any change I make would be a compromise rather than a definitive improvement :see_no_evil:

2 Likes
4 Likes

So a few days ago I slammed on my brakes before an intersection, and was pleasantly surprised to feel my motor disconnect. (sarcasm) Luckily I was able to ride onto the sidewalk and zig-zag between some people, but after I picked my board up to connect my motor, I noticed this:

Usually it’s just the connector coming loose, but in this case it looks like the hub slipped and it yanked the connector not only open, but broke it off the enclosure :grimacing:

At first I thought this was due to the wheel nut loosening and the hub slipping on the axle, but no! The hub was holding onto the axle fine still; the axle itself came loose, despite it having red threadlocker on! :scream:

Once again I can blame @Boardnamics /s

The motor wires are exposed now, but it’s not shorted yet, so I will just pour some hot glue on those exposed parts, re-thread-lock the axle, re-epoxy the MT-30 connector and keep riding :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

ooff, I guess good to know the motor clamp stayed on? This would make me itchy for 2wd just to spread the braking load, maybe a DV4 if you can squeeze it in

1 Like

what kind of threadlocker?

Red

4 Likes

Red

2 Likes

R255 GO B0

1 Like

Red isn’t a type of threadlocker.

It’s helpful to know what type failed, this could be a life or death failure, and it’s good to know what specifically failed. It may help someone else. It won’t help me; I epoxy my axles in because I don’t trust threadlockers that much. But it could definitely help someone.

2 Likes

Yeah it is. You should ask for the brand and formula code number instead of saying it doesn’t exist.

Screenshot 2023-09-10 112433

3 Likes

Maybe we should spend time helping people instead of spending time talking about how we can avoid helping them.

Just a thought.

1 Like