Slime for pneumatics inner tubes

Jeez I can imagine patching your esk8 tube on the side of the road is NOT fun. Whole spare tubes would be smart, helps if they are mad cheap.

Best failsafe to carry I think would be a set of urithane wheels with pulleys you can quick swap to if you have to ride through a mile of broken glass or something.

1 Like

How are you supposed to calculate the volume of slime for a tire? And is it dependant on the rider and ride type?

I wonder if you can just put some strong plastic on the inner portion of the tube.

Or if you can paint the inside of the tube with something.

As far as tires go, you can make them thicker too but I’m pretty sure bergs were pretty good.

Slime made a calculator for it.

https://www.slime.com/us/slime-calculator.php

3 Likes

Something like this?

2 Likes

Personally I think the Slime TAPE would help with small stuff like glass, sharp rocks, etc. @Lee_Wright’s test was with a full wheel with a nail pointing straight up which is not what those things were meant for.

I always had idea of putting a kevlar sheet in the tyre inner tube but never had some kevlar on hand to try it

2 Likes

Erm, bit awkward mate but that was Pavel that did that test, he’s the mad Estonian chap

4 Likes

opps, thought it was you that did the vid

1 Like

How do you guys get the slime inside the tube?

I use a tape like this in my mountain bike, never had a flat in years

https://www.google.com/search?q=anti+puncture+tape&sxsrf=ACYBGNQHgC7Tn-BiI5jzdaSUni1cV8VmOg:1571782103447&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjPwsLP8LDlAhXmHbkGHYMXDKQQ_AUIFCgD&biw=1536&bih=775#imgrc=skmnAYMUtOQjuM:

1 Like

Deflate, remove valve, pour in lots 'o slime, insert valve, re-inflate.

I’m also using some protective liners and so far so good after only 200+ miles. I still see green slime leaking from the tire sometimes but not sure if it’s just old slime that got in the tire from previous punctures that I didn’t wash out, or new punctures.

Either way they haven’t deflated since slime.

1 Like

Has anybody used other variants of tire sealants? Is there any substantial difference in between a 8 dollar bottle of slime and a 19 dollar bottle of Armordillo?
Source:

1 Like

I haven’t seen this one, but this video does a bunch of tests with a few brands

3 Likes

I’ve used tire liners and tire sealant and had really good results. Im not saying I’m flat free, but I literally gotten a flat once since.

Thanks, I didn’t know that schrader valve cores were removable. I’m definitely going to use some sealant in my mountain board. The bike shop I work at uses Orange Seal, so I might try that.

2 Likes

Usually the sealent you buy will have the valve remover built into the cap, but I like the ParkTool one if your shop has that.

1 Like

Since I use Slime, no more flats…really happy with the green stuff…

2 Likes

Came here to link this video as well.

1 Like

Just for shits and grins you should try the clever 6x2 tires.
They are a bit bigger and a different feel than the Bergmeisters. But I now actually prefer them. And if you do get a flat you can still ride them.

7 Likes