SkyartPower.com Webstore (serious)

127mm its large because I believe mod 2 teeth are used in that drive…possibly mod 2.5

4 Likes

Ah got it, so what’s the smallest wheel you can run on the 5:1?

1 Like

5:1 is really chonky, only reason I didn’t get. Feel like it wouldn’t work great off roading with 8”, but maybe I’m wrong :man_shrugging:t3:

Depends on where you ride, but I don’t see any issues with 200mm or 8” I personally run 8.5” on these and I guess if you are riding in places without many pot holes you could even throw on some 160mm tires

Lol never mind, I wouldn’t mess with 160mm

160 below and 150 on top

4 Likes

LOL, damn

8”

7”

8.5 works out well tho

2 Likes

Eh that doesn’t look like enough clearance at all for offroad on 7, 8 is even pushing it

Those 8.5 look more reasonable but they aren’t offroad tires lol

2 Likes

Yeah I’d say 9” minimum for rough off road.

@3DServisas we need these smaller pleeaaassseee :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Yeah it depends on the type of off-road you are doing. But yeah 9” is like the best Size for true off road also keep in mind all these tires are deflated and such and the picture angles may not tell the full story

About 45-50mm clearance

Here is a pic of an inflated 8.5” tire

3 Likes

You’d need to make the mod smaller…

1 Like

Oh yeah that’s not horrible, but again not offroad tires. For on road this would be cool, but I’d probably want to look at higher voltage, even 5.2 to 8.5 inch on 190kv 100a motor is not great torque

The motors on here are 173kv and I am looking into ordering off-road versions of this tire but for it to make some Sense I would need to order almost $1000 worth of tires, I will do this eventually tho, I think it will be worth. The main problem is vesc…I would run these motors all day at 120-140amps but need a bigger vesc.

For example this LSSS runs on a stormcore and it’s limited to 100 motor amps unfortunately, any higher and you start getting ABS faults

But I am planning on running my rions on 20s On the blue gears posted above will try as high as 200 motor amps on the reacher V5s should be pleeeeenty torque of things don’t burn out right away :grin:

8 Likes

What you’re saying sounds accurate. Those rions are so outrageous lol I’d rather try “little” focers first

1 Like

Low key…they are very similar :fire::fire::crazy_face::crazy_face::champagne: rions have a bit more copper in them :man_shrugging:t2:

I’m excited to see you push the limits on those Rions

Aren’t rions more expensive and bigger?

2 Likes

A bit more exp yes they come in a bigger enclosure a bit more aluminum around the pcb

At market value it looks like +75 more dollars per esc, so +150 more, for a total of 800 for two escs. That’s nuts.

Won’t catch me with these anytime soon