SkyartPower.com Webstore (serious)

Congrats!!

3 Likes

Thank you for your support guys! Still working out the kinks! But am happy with where its headed!

4 Likes

This will be really good for you. A great next step dude! Haven’t looked yet, but will you also be stalking parts to build batteries. Like nickel strips, silicon wire, jst connectors, tape and fish paper, etc? Nice to have options. :slightly_smiling_face:
Wife and I are currently navigating shopify. Mostly been my wives work. Good platform. Works well with insta.

3 Likes

I am thinking maybe stocking actual cells. As far as supplies, havnt thought about that yet, but its a possibility.

Thank you! Yeah I am liking shoppify. Its not bad at all.

2 Likes

Maybe on customs pack size needed have a selection of battery layout that is need, like single stack double stack and Mountain layout. Looks great excited for you!

1 Like

Looking great man, congrats on the big step!!!

1 Like

I’ll keep it serious this time.

2 Likes

Does the remote also have a custom made @Skyart battery inside ? ^^ can’t wait for the official site to be fully done !

That’s so awesome! :smiley: I love seeing people go from “DM me” to having an actual website. So awesome to see people evolve! Also think it makes you a lot more trustworthy, as it usually shows that people are more dedicated when they have a website.

I’m not a professional or even anything, and honestly have no clue how things would turn out, however here are a few things I’d change:

1. Get rid of the picture in the top of the screen. It seems misplaced.

2. More professional pictures. Doesn’t need to be anything fancy, though I really think a white background would be cool. The wood background is actually also pretty cool. I think the main thing to keep in mind, is to keep the background the same for all product preview pictures.
    Also, make sure all pictures are the same size, so this crap doesn’t happen. Messes with my head :sweat_smile:

3. Get rid of the “Powered by Shopify”. Not sure if there is anything legal related to removing it, though it’s pretty simple. In the end, it doesn’t really matter tbh, I just don’t like it.

4. I’m sure you’re already planning this, but get a logo and change the little top logo in the browser as well.

5. I don’t exactly know why, but I feel like the homepage is a bit messy. Lots of informations at once and sure you’re being somewhat guided, though still a lot of text. Not a lot of text as in a freaking roman, so it could very well be something else :slight_smile:

6. The “Straight outta Oakland ;)” is not really my thing, though mostly due to the “;)” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It just throws me off a bit.

Just my few cents :slight_smile:

After reading all this through again, it honestly seems like I’m just totally criticizing you. Please don’t take it like that. I just feel like this is a totally regular website without anything making me say “This is the best website ever!”.

5 Likes

I hope you archived a copy, cus that shit has been off the web for months :joy:

*Joking aside, you’re welcome to copy it if you like, Artem you as well. PM me for a copy :metal:

6 Likes

This this this, for sure.

I’m far from an expert but I’m happy to help out here however I can Artem.

3 Likes

From my understanding, this is not possible unless you buy an enterprise-level subscription from Shopify. I could be wrong about that. However, I dont agree that he should remove it.

Shopify is a platform that lots of people know and trust. It has a very trustworthy payment system, and lends it’s credibility to whatever websites use it. Worth keeping in my opinion, even if it is possible to remove.

Artem, for your ease of searching, the little logo is called a “favicon” in the Shopify settings.

5 Likes

So much good stuff in here already. …busy week next week for edits! Thank you everyone!

6 Likes

“it’s” means “it is” and if you can substitute “it is” then you use “it’s”

If you’re referring to one thing possessing another thing, then you use “its”.

Example:

It’s a shame that battery is red, because its speed would be 10% higher if it was blue.

So in this case, the battery is possessing a speed, so no apostrophe. You also can’t substitute “it is” there because it doesn’t make sense — another indication there should be no apostrophe.

6 Likes

This is nitpicking a pet peeve of mine rather than anything important but:

Watt*Hours are “Wh” and Watt*Henries are “WH”

WH sounds like some kind of weird transformer measurement. Watt*Hours are a common and useful battery measurement, though some would argue not as accurate as Amp*Hours (Ah), not to be confused with Amp*Henries (AH) which sounds like a weird inductor measurement or something.

8 Likes

Congrats Art! Always cool to see people with forwards progress!

2 Likes

You can go into the code and remove it manually. It’s too long time ago since I messed with it, so can’t remember exactly where, just know (knew) it is possible.

That is a really good point. Didn’t think too much about it in that way.

Though I also have the opinion, that I’m paying for their service, so I shouldn’t be advertising for them. If it was free to use, absolutely it would be fair to be there.

If you know just a bit about websites, you’re usually also able to tell pretty easily if the website is made via Shopify. And if you don’t, I think chances are you don’t know that Shopify is very trustworthy and might not care too much about it. Though it’s a lot easier to do research when it states Shopify and you know nothing about it, so I definitely get your point :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hahahaha shit, I knew something seemed wonky

2 Likes

Esk8 is finally getting the kind of vendors it deserves. Congrats on the launch!

9 Likes

Dang thats really kind words. I am working real hard to keep quality high :+1:

6 Likes