SKP Solo ESC compact HV controller [SERIOUS] SALE! 4/24-5/1 2023 code “AMPS”

Correction

It has 3 low side shunts and has phase filters

10 Likes

Great to hear. I’ll be interested to see if you can get the silent HFI to work. I just tried on the new firmware with a 60D+ and couldn’t get it to work on any of the settings but perhaps there are some specific settings tweaks that are needed.

2 Likes

Silent HFI does not work, but this one

Works incredibly well

Video coming in like a min

2 Likes
3 Likes

Seems pretty good apart from the annoying sound. Not sure if you tried this yet I’m wondering if you find any difference between this (not actually silent) “silent” HFI mode and the old HFI and VSS modes.

Did you have to change inductance, HFI start voltage, or any or settings?

2 Likes

I changed the HFI start voltage to 18 from 20. 20 was pretty smooth but 18 is even better, I will keep playing around with it. So far this is much smoother than old HFI or VSS on the Solo controller

3 Likes

Huge bummer - 45 deg v0 HFI didn’t work? It should, just not be quiet.

@Skyart loving the videos man. Keep em coming.

3 Likes

I’ve got a real good one coming right now

3 Likes
7 Likes

It’s great you can be so frank about things :wink:

3 Likes

Nope and in fact with every one of the four options, when I tried to apply power, the Stormcore switch would flash blue and then go red. There was no VESC fault so I’m not really sure what was happening. Maybe I should have redetected the motors with the new firmware? I’ll have to try again tomorrow.

1 Like

I’m not a vesc wizard but I would 100% run detection again after installing new firmware on a stormcore

4 Likes

Yeah I was wondering. However everything else worked fine including the old HFI and VSS but it’s possible the inductance settings are currently wrong. I’ll try again tomorrow.

So if the Solo has the phase filters, in theory the silent HFI should work…

1 Like

I think you need phase shunts for that, which Solo does not have, but you know what il give it a go and see how it works

4 Likes

Silent HFI

So it works…it’s just not silent. Still makes the noise

6 Likes

@Skyart does this mean that the heatsink on the top-mount dual option will come pre-drilled for a bolt pattern that will match one of the ones already in the 3DS enclosure?

By the way, when you get that up on the site I think it would be a good idea to include a pic of it in the enclosure to show how much space is still available in there. From measurements it looks like it should be a comfortable fit.

5 Likes

Yes

There is an aluminum plate inside that enclosure that other ESCs would mount to, you remove this plate and the solo dual heatsink mounts straight to the bottom of the box heatsink

Il add pics of this tonight

3 Likes

@Skyart was the ebike mid drive or hub?

1 Like

@shaman is your e-bike mid drive or hub?

2 Likes

You take part the enclosure

Remove 4 bolts on the underside that hold this raw aluminium piece

Bolt solo dual top box enclosure down using the same 4 bolts

2 Likes