Sixshooters VS Haggies

I can attest to this

4 Likes

Ive got both, I prefer the bergs, they snap together for a tighter fit, also my sixshooters wobble at high speeds. The bergs are solid

5 Likes

I’ve done 43 mph on bergs and they feel great. Vibration from the rear is a small issue though, just as you can feel on the board when you run the wheels on the bench. I’ve ordered some wheel weights Im waiting on, hopefully I’ll be able to balance the wheels with them.

1 Like

Is there a write up on balancing bergs anywhere? I’m being lazy and asking you rather than searching

1 Like

Haven’t read that much on balancing tbh. I figured I’ll just place the weights (probably counter to the valve) and try to get some smooth free rolling. Since you can feel the vibrations while you run the motors on the bench, I figured it shouldn’t be too hard to find out if you’re going at it the right way

6shooter people, are your wheels balanced?

i was getting pretty significant vibrations until they got balanced out with wheel weights. had to use up to 10grams per wheel to balance them.

6 Likes

different wheels, but same idea.

with 6shooters, i just let it hang on the axle, and i could see the wheel settling at a specific point, so the bottom of wheel at that point would be heaviest. so place weights opposite of that, then hand spin to see if there’s less wobble. not scientific at all, but close enough.

6 Likes

This is what I was trying to say in my post above, but you’re way better at words than me lol.

Did the 6shooters feel unbalanced in general or just after a certain speed? Im kinda interested in trying them, maybe next season, but I don’t think there’s an adapter/pulley for 3d servisas gear drive.

The vibration I get at high speeds are noticable, but if I hadn’t tried spinning the wheels on the bench I would have thought it just was vibrations from the road.

i was thinking what i wrote didn’t make any sense at all… lol

there was definitely a resonant wobble at a certain speed - at what speed, not sure. it was somewhere in the middle though, above 30mph i didn’t notice any vibrations (but that may be due to sensory overload at speed…)

one sure way to know whether it’s imbalanced is to just free spin it. if the wheel settles at a specific point every time, you know it’s imbalanced. when it’s balanced it’ll stop at any point.

3 Likes

Very well put and good explanation. Pretty much what I had in mind for balancing.

2 Likes

My sixshooters wobble like a mother fucker. I had to replace 1 wheel because it was so bad. Zero balancing of the bergs and they handle 35+mph. Ive heard you can put slyme in the tubes to help with wobble. But I haven’t tried it

3 Likes

This is what I did also, and it makes a big difference. I’m surprised basic balancing of pneumatics isn’t commonplace around here. Every pneumatic wheel/tire I have is imbalanced to some degree. Bergs, 6 shooters, MBS wheels, etc. It’s to be expected from such small wheels, and a chunky valve stem that isn’t compensated for. I’m suprised nobody has created a wheel that has an extra bit of material built into the rim on the opposite side of the valve stem to counter the imbalance. Then I would expect the wheels to have little to no imbalance. But for now, it’s effective to just use small stick on weights, and hand spinning to get it close to perfect. The slime probably can help too, but without weight balancing first, most or all of that slime is going to pool up in the tire on the side opposite the valve stem, and I’d really prefer it stays more evenly distributed inside the tire, for obvious reasons. I don’t go much over 30mph, but the balancing weights definitely help smooth out the ride.

9 Likes

exactly, no matter how precise the the hub is, that valve stem will throw things off. and rubber tires are often imbalanced too. so between those two things, there will always be inherent imbalance in pneumatic wheels.

2 Likes

I’d pay more if they came balanced. hint hint wheel makers

6 Likes

@torqueboards this is your time to shine bb, I’ll buy your new tires if you balance them

6 Likes

@Kellag you kno… you could of amazon’ed that… https://www.amazon.com/VTR-Adhesive-Backed-Wheel-Weights/dp/B00ZMD8SDG/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=weight+balancing+weights&qid=1572385593&sr=8-4

5 Likes

Pff looks like someone doesn’t want a sale😏

6 Likes

And who is he going to bash if he does it himself and fail.

2 Likes

It’s not that hard. Kellag can manage lol.

6 Likes

He’ll find a way to strip the magnets. Like every screw on his board. :wink:

8 Likes