Sirantua 200x50 Rapid Tire wear vs similar looking tires

Soooo.

Can’t find the Kenda’s in stock anywhere. (Again)

Anyone got a link for one of these “Razor Tires” that are the less crappy ones?

These are the ones @Venom121212 recommended.

branded clever that metroboard also sells and are the ones above that held up better. the the oringal ones in the post.

but they’ve gone unavailable. :frowning:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0021XPF9U/

@Venom121212 further recommended

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32844085521.html

1 Like

I agree… you’ve stated roughly how fast they wear, what’s your opinion on

• traction/cornering/grip

and

are you running your tires at recommended psi? or slightly less for short course practice?

do you ever feel your tires after a session?

metroboard 155s felt the grippiest. sidewall says 35psi and I tried them at 40psi as well. both felt similar.

he rest ok grippy. with maybe evolve 7’s a runner up? and evolve 150s the least grippy but i do think I ran them higher psi which could be part of it.

I did experiment lowering psi’s from 35 to 50 here and there on things. it most obviously affected the kenda 909s. but the others I don’t remember noticing a lot of difference.

2 Likes

I was tripping… I found my stash…

4 Likes

I timed myself. No major hurry…

19:51 to change the 2 back Tires

3 Likes

So this clever set. Has lasted 6 short course sessions and at least 5 group rides. Bald for the last 3 sessions. But still not showing threads.

This is a stark contrast to the original set in the post. Which looked exactly the same. This set lasted as long as my Kendas.

4 Likes

d00d, that looks like a great wear pattern, and width on that tire… it looks like it served you well!

did you notice in their lifespan a moment where they felt they gave way? or was the loss of performance new to old imperceptible?

1 Like

I transferred these tires in their earlier pictures from stock MBS rockstar II rims to the nazaré with hellcats wide rims halfway through their life. so hard to make traction comparisons.

But, they’ve been pretty decent even when balding. and that is maybe due to the wider contact patch?

3 Likes

probably… i’m pretty impressed with the wear and contact patch… you must have your pressures dialed

do the fronts look appreciably better/worse? or do you rotate them?

fronts look the same at this point. i didn’t rotate them. i usually wear down the backs first by a fair bit didn’t notic that this time. but I think they reached “bald” first.

1 Like

how weird… me too… the backs always seem to go away first
You obviously must be turning more aggressively

BTW… I really haven’t “felt” an appreciable performance loss on the metros from broken in to worn out, except at the very end… when they get sketch

I really like predictably of metros

1 Like

@Titoxd1000 with his AWD wears down one side faster than the other. forget if it’s toe side or heel side. I thought that was interesting.

2 Likes

that is interesting

are the tracks he rides most predominantly one-side corners?

I guess it’s possible there’s a bias on the intro to speed tracks. we do tend to loop the lot in the same direction which means there are consistently at least two major turns in the same direction. but we do mix it up a lot otherwise.

2 Likes

just adding another variable into your equation
:crazy_face: :call_me_hand:t5: :dash:
i’m gUUd at that shit

1 Like

I’m better at toe side turns so that side wears down faster. Like @fessyfoo mentioned the front and rear degrade the same due to 4wd. So I recently switched tires left to right and right to left

1 Like

how interesting!!!

I’d have “guessed” you had most wear heal-side and the courses you raced were anti-clockwise…

2 Likes

He maybe dives into the toeside turns harder?

Excuse me reviving this thread but it seemed relevant…

I got less than 500 kms out of the Clevers

I’m not going easy on them by any means but ffs! That’s a new set of rear tyres every 6 rides or so!

I was getting much better longevity & performance out of Evolve 7". Those and the Kenda 909’s seem to be much thicker at the contact patch. Even when the tread pattern has worn through, you’ve still got life left in them. When you’ve lost the tread on the Clevers, you’re on borrowed time.

Kenda’s seem to be much more readily available in the States than they are in the EU so I’m really struggling to find a good replacement, in case anyone’s got any suggestions?

2 Likes