Single enclosure on a flex deck?help needed

Do you understand that 12s5p is 3x more cells than stock meepo battery? +D596 bms which is not so small. I don’t know what I could do to make battery smaller.

1 Like

I understand battery is big and bulky

Just I didn’t take flex into account before

I tried the meepo deck and flex wasn’t massive

I think I will just try And use that for the moment

I don’t like the look of the solder joints on the series connections. Look very ropey. Works really well doing this by abrading the nickel first, then flux and pre tin. Use a big iron and work fast.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! Figured that later and resoldered with real soldering iron (first solders were made with boss spot welder - hakko thin tip)
This is how they look now:

2 Likes

Much better! Sorry if I sounded like a dick.

2 Likes

You did not! I am happy when I get constructive criticism! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Doesn’t seem like you calculated any single part of any of your builds. May wanna look into that.

2 Likes

So after a bit of calculations and stuff

Fitting that fiber glass enclosure is going to be a bit of a pain.

What other good options are there to make an enclosure or to get someone to make a good one for me

(Sorry @tinp123 for waisting your time on that enclosure)

First off…how much are you willing to spend? That will limit your options.

Second: are you the guy that spilled epoxy all over his mom’s floor? If so, refer to the first question and reevaluate.

2 Likes

Maybe you could cut the end off each enclosure and have them patched together as one big enclosure?
Or use the big enclosure for the battery and find a small box to top mount (over trucks) the esc?

1 Like

I like the second idea

I think I might do that

Problem with the fiberglass one is that it is really fragile and I keep trying to trim it and it is just not going perfectly

With your idea I might be able to sort that out though

1 Like

What are you using to trim it?

Don’t say scissors

2 Likes

Well, you got my enclosures for free, do with them what you think is best. Bigger enclosure fits battery very nicely, and you even got adhesive foam to go on each side of your battery in enclosure.

2 Likes

Maybe something like this for esc.

Sunnyglade ABS Plastic Dustproof Waterproof IP65 Junction Box Universal Durable Electrical Project Enclosure With Lock (3.9"x5.9"x2.8") https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PZT8FWD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_iZwaDb8KEZZ0B

I just picked one at random. They come in all kinds of sizes

I was cutting with one of those saws with those tiny blades

Dunno what they are called

I will keep the bigger enclosure for the bottom and will buy one for the top