Simple way to mirror my phone to a screen wirelessly?

Does anyone have an idea how I could use a screen wirelessly as a mirrored display from my phone? I would like to get a specific size smaller screen, one I can put on my forearm or a small screen in my helmet where I could see the speed from my phone app perhaps. Is there any simple way to achieve that? There are some expensive products that only use android travel apps… Seems to me a simple screen connected to your phone does way more and is way cheaper.

1 Like

an Android Wear smartwatch or an Apple watch work with metr and xmatic

But I need a specific watch for that. Isn’t there a way to buy a simple screen with wifi and connect it to your phone? Seems so easy… That way I can use metr app, GPS, anything I want… Not having to buy smart watch, gps module, super expensive helmet display…

Samsung flow has some interesting tricks ready. Otherwise, get a shitter phone (£30?) Set screen timeout to never and glue it to the deck

10 Likes

A watch will work better than a screen since these things are a quick glance type of things that watches are made for. There aren’t any small miracast screens that I know of.

2 Likes

light bulb appears above head

I have a gear S3 but I use long elbow protectors and wrist guards so it doesn’t really fit comfortably anyways. I just use my vx2 for speed info and I use an app on my phone to track my rides while it’s in my backpack.

2 Likes

Metr doesnt work on Android Wear bc the guy says no one uses it.

3 Likes

did it work before?

1 Like

Im sure it does, theres an option in the metr settings.

I know it wont work for Samsung devices as thats running TizenOS and it will work for WearOS (Google’s watch OS)

1 Like

Gear s3 doesn’t have android on it. If you know any esk8-related apps for it let me know, i looked everywhere

1 Like

I’m not aware of any watch that has a screen-on battery life longer than 2-3 hours. Also, they are either too shit to even see in sunlight, no waterproofing, etc, or in the £200+ range

I saw those those settings, didn’t work. I wouldn’t say it if I didn’t try myself. I also got a response from the metr guy saying that Android Wear is very low priority for him.

You sir are a genius, just put a 5v USB converter so the phone is always charged

Ahh okay, I have a Tizen watch so I have never actually tested, thats annoying that the options there but it doesn’t work.

Did you follow the Metr watch setup on the metr pro site?

Great option I have thought about. The most important thing I would like is a small screen inside my helmet that would show me my duty cycle so I don’t get a jolt when reaching max speed in accel. I know trampa fw has duty cycle limit… but still, anything unexpected that happens at 50, 60 km/h+ really scares me. Thank you all for the suggestions

1 Like

What you need is some form of throttle bar/gauge that can be in your line of sight. You’re not really going to read percentages at that speed (and if you do, you’re probably no longer focusing on the road).

Btw, you can reach full duty cycle before you reach the actual max erpm where you get the jolt.
Duty cycle stays the perfect correct value where it is expected to maintain a certain speed (cue duty cycle control mode where current can be any value and erpm can be any value UP TO what the math says the speed will be)

Last bit of useless information: any android device has to have some specific capabilities, among which you can find bluetooth and wifi. Bang for the buck

Here is what he said about Android wear. Everything he said is right and I agree, I just hate being excluded for not being in the Apple authoritarian regime.

Edit: I was wrong, it is fixed apparently .

This is no longer true, metr app is currently working on Android Wear for quite some time

1 Like

I am glad to hear it! Sorry for the outdated info. Keep up the great work!

1 Like