I dub thee Equilibrium!

Thanks! And my measurements are 34 inches wheel to wheel without G-bomb and 44 to 46 inches with.

1 Like

Quick update.

Excess carbon cut away with scissors to reduce the amount of carbon dust from sanding. I also folded the edge to the top of the deck. I will slightly sand it down and then add a layer of carbon over the area that makes contact with the aluminum top cover. I feel the stock cutout was too shallow to fit 21700’s + very thin foam for protection. This will also add an extra mm of clearance so my 21700’s are no longer making contact with the top plate casuing unnecessary shock to the pack.

More tomorrow after some cure time.
Will be sanding and adding another layer of resin before final sanding and polish.

9 Likes

Finishing layer of resin applied. This is a fresh pour so we’ll see how it dries. There’s a weird glare in the photo thats making it look really bad lol. The spread is even, although it doesn’t look like it in the photo.

11 Likes

Are you going to put any decals on the bottom or just leave the raw carbon? Will look sick either way

Thanks! I’m gonna leave it raw because I dont think I have the skill to get it right. I’ve done a few carbon fiber wraps before but this one turned out the best.

2 Likes

Looks good! (and familiar)

1 Like

Sanded down to 2000 grit. Gonna start polishing in a few minutes. Some imperfections because of dust particles but its coming out pretty nice so far. Much better than my past attempts thats for sure. I still need to clean out the area for the trucks.

3 Likes

Almost done polishing! By hand lol…
The resin I used has a crazy blue hue in the sunlight. Looks weird in photos but very cool in person.

7 Likes

that came out really, really sweet!

good werk, meng!!!

K :doughnut: :doughnut: :call_me_hand:t4:

1 Like

Think youll be done by Friday?

1 Like

I don’t think so unfortunately. But if I do ill let yall know so i can join the ride.

looks really nice man
do only some haya decks from a special charge suffer from the delamination issue or is it a general problem?
KR keep on im really excited how this turns out

1 Like

It was a bad batch. They reinforced / repaired a lot of them after the fact though.

4 Likes

ah ok i understand
in general i really like the haya deck concept

1 Like

Yep, bad batch from uneven heating in the oven. Mine wasn’t as bad as other’s. Thankfully.

Will you attach gbombs or other brackets?

1 Like

Reinforcing a deck from batch 2 with carbon fiber or fiberglass is recommended as it was the batch with glue issues but not all of them suffered this issue. The seller has promised to replace any busted decks and has so far. He’s a really good guy and it’s a gorgeous board with a lot of thought put into it.

3 Likes

Yeah and it looks really nice with carbon btw

2 Likes

The deck has a really sexy shape on bottom and also the mild reverse camber on top. I can’t speak for how it rides just yet but the thing looks like an art piece even before it’s skinned. @bevilacqua has really outdone himself on designing it.

2 Likes

Nope, i decided i liked the deck to be short.

1 Like