Silent Danube | Skateshred Deck | Eovan DD 60kv Motors | Ubox ESC | 12s4p 40T Battery | Smart BMS

Hello, I’ve been mostly lurking for the last year or so and decided to use the dark cold months to build my first board.

A rough list of items

Battery Build Pictures

Enclosure Build Pictures

I thought about going 4WD at some point, but for now this is plenty fun.

17 Likes

Very clean.

You passed the “fish paper between pgroups test”

8 Likes

Nice diy.
Is that a FG sheet reinforcement on the enclosure?

Yeah, the 4 parts were all over the place with gaps etc… fibreglass/epoxy did the trick.

2 Likes

How’s been your experience with the prusa mini? I’ve heard both good and bad. Bought 2 last year for Black Friday, but chickend out and had them turn it into a mk3s at the last minute.

Nice build man, enclosure looks great!

1 Like

I’ve been through ~5kg of PETG without any issues so far.

1 Like

I hate asking that like a leech but would you mind sharing the file for the enclosure ?
We have the same deck and I’m not satisfied with mine (I had to go with huge gasket to accommodate the shape)

3 Likes

How did you make the curves on the enclosure in cad?

1 Like

I’d like to make a round of improvements since some parts (where the bolts are) are not strong enough at the moment (ie. light cracks can appear).

I can share the current state though, just don’t expect 100% awesomeness yet.

@YeetMeat I used lidar to scan the deck and design around that in Fusion 360.

3 Likes

You have a 3d scanner ? nice !!
have you reinforced the hole with fiberglass also ?

iPhone12 Pro, no fancy scanner :shushing_face:

https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/65930-skateshred-b41-enclosure

I would recommend reinforcing the bolt holes on this first version with fiberglass, yes.

Part 1 can be printed twice instead of part 4, if you don’t want the holes for XT90 loopkey, esc switch etc.

1 Like

The iphone 12 has lidar ??

The pro version has lidar. Looked into it. Not bad for augmented reality apps and such, decent scanner for large objects, but by no means a good replacement for a proper 3d scanner. But phones are getting there…

2 Likes

holy tits i gotta find me someone with an iphone12 :joy:

Thanks @luastoned!

@Balta_6 I believe the ipad pro has it as well

1 Like

300km of Viennese roads killed the axle. RIP.

I noticed that the wheel was ~5 degrees off the motor after todays ride.

This pic was from earlier this week I guess. Today it was worse.

I gave it a few kicks with my sneaker just to see what would happen.
Suprisingly it bent back almost straight after just two whacks, and the third or fourth did the final job.

:skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

Jesus u put that windmill core through hell i got over 1k miles and mines arent even scratched hardly XD.

1 Like