I have this thing.

10 Likes

Thats very similar to how I wanna make mine :ok_hand:

2 Likes

back in 2015… we tried it with friends :

Then I find the “roarockit” method easier for self production deck :

My deck press setup now :sweat_smile: :

11 Likes

Nice! Vacuum is better than my Rusty T-Rex (that is what I call it because of funny sound those bottle jacks makes when I drop them down. Just like from Jurasic Park movie :wink: ) I’ll try a vacuum and resin soon and se how it works for me.

4 Likes

Is your bag setup reusable? And does that pump hold a pressure? I made my first attempt using similar method but had a leak that i couldn’t get rid of now I’m looking for a vacuum that holds a certain pressure

1 Like

yes, by cutting one side when finished you can reuse the bag. Yes pretty strong.
I use this one :

I should be able to find the box somewhere ^^ and take a picture if you need.

Edit :

1 Like

I will be investing in a vac setup once the cash flow kicks back in. Will help speed up and improve my fibreglassing shenanigans :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Oh nice! I remember seeing on YouTube they they used like interlocking pipes to create a reusable seal. Not sure how difficult it would be to implement something like that… That’s a nice pump, it’s a little pricey

1 Like

Did any one use one od these? (Vacuum generator)

Seems like it can do ok but I’m not sure implement it.

1 Like

This damn forum is a wealth of
Knowledge into shit I didn’t know I needed…

Trying to mess with 9 plys if maple is a pain. Who know what it would have been like if I knew veneer softener existed.

2 Likes

Wanted to ask : can this kind of CNC do carving? (Concave and all) or is it limited to flat cuts? I always see cutout videos, but never complex shapes

1 Like

You can carve out the shape and curves on a cnc router. Stock, a machine like Mr legend’s will be limited in Z axis height I think stock the xcarve can fit only around 4” material under the gantry. You can lift it with plates tho.

Edit and you need a longer z carriage to be able to use the whole length of the extended height.

1 Like