Show me your top mount Enclosure [Wiki]

3d printed walls with slide in 6mm hex standoffs. Send cut send aluminum plates. ESC and 8Ah of lipos all inside. External balanced charged.

Old photo, but it’s held up pretty well all summer to abuse.

9 Likes

3D printed boxes with wooden bottom. The lids and hinges are also 3D printed. The battery box contains 8x5000mAh LiPos (4S2P) that are externally balance charged, so a set of 3D printed thumbscrews are used to quick swap them. On top of the PETG walls there’s a TPU gasket so the thumbscrews have something to press on, reduce rattling noises and prevent moisture from getting in.

13 Likes

That looks really nice! I would love to see the hinges and thumb screws in action!

Here you go! This video is not from the final version, but you get the idea:

Edit: shit I shot it vertically, sorry for this terrible crime

7 Likes

im looking to stick a ubox and a 16s4p 21700 pack in an apache/similar box. Anyone have a recommendation?

1 Like

B&W Type 2000

Fits a 12s7p stacked vertically. 12s8p (or more) if you do 2 horizontal rows. Room in the lid for mounting ESCs.

Nicely fits horizontally on Trampa decks. Example:

8 Likes

How funny would it be to cut open a 12v car battery and hide a lithium ion brick pack in it :rofl:

17 Likes

built lifepo4 packs are basically this. It wouldn’t even be a bad idea. Instead of the lugs just throw a panel mount xt90 or smthn too and you’re golden

2 Likes

Sir, this is brilliant. I need this in my life. Adding to print queue

3 Likes

12s6p Pelican 1200 case

7 Likes

Peli 1150 for the battery, including a panel mount and integrated series adapter.
Fits 2x SLS 16000mAh for a 12s setup.

The ESC enclosure is a spray painted click and lock type container with some tape added on the inside for durability.

8 Likes

Hi, I think this is nifty. I have a 12s 4p molicel p26a flex pack built by eboardsperu. Here is the enclosure used…

I bolted the enclosure the the thin sheet metal and the sheet metal is mounted to through the binding holes. This way the deck is spared with holes and the result doesnt need a strap.

8 Likes

Amazon basics
60watt LED 6-pack

4 Likes

@Tasventouras did a custom version for my race board. I have another going on the front too when my front motors arrive. The OG version is more roomy and can be aquired here…

12 Likes

giphy

2 Likes

It’s bulky but it fits comfortably between my legs :joy:

11 Likes

I love it! Totally badass.

1 Like

won’t that feel like a swinging pendulum every time you carve?

It’s doesn’t feel like it, but the battery doesn’t go all the way to the top. The axle position compared to the deck height might help too. The deck is just a hair below the axle.

1 Like

Also,The perspective of the pic also makes it look a bit bigger than it really is.