Show Me Your Rolls 🍥

Let’s see that sweet sweet free roll. Give your drive wheel a good hand spin and video it.

1:4.89 Gear drive, 9" wheels, 200kv Saite/APS motors

@EreTroN :wink:

12 Likes

7 Likes

@Venom121212 that’s pretty good. I usually don’t get it that loose on a gear drive.

3 Likes

Same. I keep the backlash pretty tight. Are we doing it wrong? :rofl:

3 Likes

i mean i kept my moons loose on my flux specifically for the noise, now I’m wondering if it rolls like this. They need to send us home from work so i can find out. on the street the free roll is great but unloaded i wonder.

3 Likes

Depends. I’ve destroyed my 3ds gears with loose backlash and strong brakes. My boardnamics gears don’t flinch.

2 Likes

Frankendick. Akashas, 190kv Saite motors, loose belts.

7 Likes

Pimp Yacht. 75kv TBDDs and TB110s

5 Likes

Random evolve. 7 inch, tight belts

5 Likes

I love this thread! Great idea J-Bags! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

A great idea from a great man :wink:

3 Likes

modestamente-grazie-lo-so

Edited to show who the real attention whore is…:wink:

5 Likes

Oh ya… moon drives got mad free roll… Going from finality → moon… i have to pay attention that the board doesn’t decide to just wander off

3 Likes

Wow. Not the first person to indicate something similar.

@3DServisas what’s up with the lack of free roll from some of the finality builds? Is that to be expected? Is there something not being assembled correctly?

4 Likes

4 Likes

I am at work Justin. Will try and do so it when I get home but my esk8s haven’t seen any use in months so free roll might not be so free in my case
:rofl:

I edited my previous post so that flak is given to the one deserving it.

3 Likes

Meepo hubs

2 Likes

before we start bashing… I don’t see it as a bad thing. Finality drives have a much snugger fit. The ride is significantly more refine and smoother compared to moon. Also Finality is helical vs My moon drive is straight cut. Helicals then to have more drag to begin with.

1 Like

But we are talking about a skateboard here.

They’re supposed to roll for fucks sake.

6 Likes

I beg to differ, my board is a vehicle for commutes

9 Likes