Show Me Your Rolls 🍥

Thanks for making me sad.

4 Likes

I needed a pick-me-up, sorry.

7 Likes

The choice of wheel bearings. I have a flux out there with finality drive, so i’ve had the pleasure of assembling them and the issue is 100% the bearings. they’re probably great for cars, trucks, and trailers, but they have shit free roll on a board. and no amount of “breaking them in” is going to help.

edit: and yes, also the helical gears don’t help. straight cuts are king for free roll.

4 Likes

20220303_190705_1
20220303_190753_1
20220303_190819_1

4 Likes

I thought there was to be sushi >:(

5 Likes

I just spent an hour looking for a board in my house to do this with. I have no fucking idea where they are.

5 Likes

It’s not bashing- IMO freeroll has a massive impact on how a board performs/responds. I absolutely see it as a bad thing- what’s the expected advantage to using these expensive radial cone bearings? Lower maintenance/consumables cost in exchange for reduced wh/km & less freeroll?

The reason people like thane is because of the freeroll/reduced roll friction. Pneumatics reduce it to an extent. Your bearings shouldn’t introduce this much friction unless something is wrong.

Bingo.

1 Like
7 Likes

The drivetrain drag is definitely apperant while riding. I basically use it as brakes. Complete opposite of dd’s.

5 Likes

All those vertical videos :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

guess it’s my turn!

6 Likes

Oooh thats pretty good whats the drive?

1 Like

boardnamics M1AT
3.9ratio

2 Likes

batch 4 moon drive, mbs hub/bearing, cleaver tires. usage ~1yr daily driver.

3 Likes

boardnamics AT, mbs hub/bearing/T3 tires. usage ~3 weeks.

6 Likes

boardnaamics belt drive no idler, generic bearing/97mm wheel. usage ~3months.

5 Likes

backfire 2019 250w hub motor 96mm . usage ~1year.

3 Likes

summerboard sr360 caster. usage ~8months.

4 Likes

BNM1 straight cut 2.8 on maker x 6354 190kv

6 Likes