Show me your custom enclosures

Not bottom mount but I’m really proud of this one

18 Likes

Here’s my bottom mount contribution:

9 Likes

Oh i didn’t even think about top mount… Madness definitely had my favourite top mount

6 Likes

This is goddamn divine! Is there a thread about the fab?

2 Likes

I learned a lot of lessons with that build. The love/hate relationship was strong.

2 Likes

Evo falcon 36’ custom case. 3D scanned deck, made mold in fusion, 3D printed with zortrax (warped horribly, had to reinforce with lasered plywood frame).
End result is case that can house 2 cheap focers, and a 12s4p battery, first of it’s kind for short 36’ evo AFAIK. As a first atempt has horrible quality so I hope to revisit it someday. Key issue is shape that doesn’t allow deck to flex much.

7 Likes

What did you use to 3D scan?

3 Likes

Roamer absolute arm. It’s oldscool 3d scanner, but quality is very good comparing to those cheap 500$ china photo scanners. Reverse engineering to mesh for was done with geomagic software. Howerver I had to build ribs and surface on top of mesh. Very time consuming process, but pays off for complicated shapes.

Something I haven’t seen in eboosted designs is place for both MR60 and GX/MT12’s on ass side.

1 Like

Nice! We have a couple CMMs in the lab at my office. I’ve been really tempted to scan a few decks.

1 Like

From 2018:

14 Likes

If you ever consider doing this route it will cost you lot of time first time arround. I spent good 2 weeks after work making the shape. 3D printing was something like 40hrs. Frame was done in order to make mold sturdier on “slicer for fusion” plugin which is unsupported as of this writing, but still works. If I would do this again I would send my file to some CNC shop that does CNC cutting on foam blocks, that way I would have better surface finish and no warping that 3d print had.

2 Likes

This enclosure was done the quick way on a positive mold instead of a negative one, but I assure you that my batteries are riding in a sexy smooth interior

10 Likes

@Flyboy that is an awesome enclosure.

I love the ground clearance, and having most of the bulk closer to the axles.

4 Likes

Thanks! It does have a good breakover angle for large stuff, but I usually hit the bottom of the large compartments on small bumps anyway. I’d do smaller, full length compartments if I did it over

1 Like

I can’t take the credit for this one though, crafted by @glyphiks - & then further mutilated / modified to suit gbomb brackets

9 Likes

i am proud

Sticker bomb game on point :ok_hand:

2 Likes

off-topic - but reversing the freebord bindings like that is brilliant! I was wondering how to fit one on an Evo without it sitting too far back. ahhhh…noice!

1 Like

It actually really sucked :sweat_smile: they didn’t last long

1 Like

Just to bring it back on topic. My semendeed and demonseed enclosures

11 Likes

well…will avoid that then