Show me your curves

I know this was an old post but just read the last few responses. I’ve got my race board set at 0 ramping but wondering if it is dangerous now??

I’m terrible at experimenting with this stuff. I’ve only just upped my throttle expo by 20% as I want to try do better in the 0-40mph challenge. Running Hoyt Puck and apparently from a few things I’ve read, they have an inbuilt throttle curve that restricts acceleration.

1 Like

Yeah the throttle in the puck is weird… I don’t use it anymore though

On my board rn I have it at 18% expo and a slightly lower ramping time

2 Likes

Pretty sure @Venom121212 has reasons not to use 0 ramping. I always set it to 0.1

Twasnt I but I also run 0.1s ramping

1 Like

Oh am i thinking of you searching for endless mode and using a super long ramp?

1 Like

That’s the one!

2 Likes

So what does the throttle expo curve do?

What did I do turning it up to 1.5 there?

Will make your acceleration punchier from the start

2 Likes

Throttle accel more intense at the beginning then tapers

And if you shrinks your ramp time it does it faster

1 Like

Any downsides to doing this?
What I just had going on the Flux seemed to feel really punchy.

Yey.

No downsides afaik, only good

2 Likes

At some point it just makes the board overly jerky, which can be pretty frightening if you are coming back onto the throttle after coasting while at speed. This is especially true if you have a not so good at fine adjustments remote like the puck. This mostly applies to ramping time tho, throttle curve has a far less pronounced effect.

If you use a puck remote pre linear firmware update (yet to be released), then this throttle curve will sort of emulate a -20% -20% natural curve, which is what I prefer to use on my boards for safety at low speeds.

(I keep losing this info lol, hopefully the keywords will help)

2 Likes