Should I buy an Electric Unicycle - EUC?

1 Like

@rafaelinmissouri want me to put you in line for this if the prospective rider doesn’t take it?
Well kept, was the riders beginner wheel, so he didn’t push it too hard. Iirc around 1200mi on it. Might still be under warranty

One main thing I’ve found is mounting your feet right where you need while mounting the wheel is imperative. Its pretty tough to adjust foot position on the go.
Also, to mount, giving a couple “kick pushes” then hoping other foot on is pretty easy, as long as its not a 100+lb brick(v13/master pro).

No dude.
I have not secured approval…
That is probably going to be a steep hill…

Wow.
This S18 does look interesting…

2 Likes

Try holding your head level, looking straight ahead rather than down.

There’s no logical reason that this should matter, but for me it was a game changer.

You’re doing great for someone who just started though, congratulations. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had a surprisingly hard time keeping that up.
I had that in mind. But it was touch and go.

I tell people the same thing Onewheeling and on the slack line…

2 Likes

S18 is also a good wheel to start. Not wuite the range of the v11, but the suspension system is better. Still plenty of range though.

So I really had the money to blow I would totally order one today just because the learning something new seemed so exciting.

But it’s not that easy…
And may not even be possible.

But if revisit the root cause of the idea of getting one.
My neck is messed up. I felt it today on all the rides I did, which I sprinkled a few.

So I am still attracted to something I could ride straight.

And there were timea when I was riding that I could just stand straight up with good natural posture and it felt nice.

Like that might be the vibe right there.

However.
There was a good bit of jarring from jumping off and grabbing the wheel and such.

And sudden arm movements to adjust my balance

I expect it would get easier.
But I do wonder if I would do more harm than good with me fumbling the first week or whatever…

1 Like

Has it been a year since your contract? :rofl:

2 Likes

May 22nd…
I didn’t make it…

Have you tried just changing your skating stance?

I feel like if you put both your feet at a positive angle and have your body facing forward from the hips, you’re not gonna be twisting your neck.

1 Like

Ive had a few of these epiphanies in the little I’ve ridden.

This gets easy in time, you just sit back like your taking a dump then dismount

This is big, Im chest forward nearly all the time these days.

Same. Dunno how i rode any other way.

Its also heaps easier to go into proper knee/palm slide too, as opposed to the many variables that come with rolling out of a bail.
When I get the zoomies, i get low with the hands out presumably ready to fall.

1 Like

Yes. This is basically how I am riding. And It still gets me…

I have been riding switch too.

1 Like

Raf I’m only saying this because I love you.

Have you considered just hardening the fuck up?

1 Like