Should I buy a Onewheel Pint?

Oh wow.
You told me all I needed to know.

I’m leaving mine the fuck alone…

I just went on a food truck run.

And I rode the Enduro on bumpy grass for the first time and my mind is kinda blown right now.

I really don’t ride off pavement much and it feels weird.
I cant go very fast and get good momentum going on uneven surfaces…

I also made it like 50 feet on this little narrow border that was curved…

Here is a picture of one of the many fails…

I still have not tried to do a curb nudge…
I need to get on that!!!

Honestly, patchy grass is one of the harder surfaces to ride in my opinion. Super lumpy.

You will absolutely nail the curb nudge in 15 minutes (or less) of serious effort. Lean back more than you think you should, soften your knees and ankles, then pop your hips an inch or so before the curb. I’m probably 75% on my nudges with new curbs, 95ish% on curbs I know. My nudge fails are almost always due to not leaning back enough.

1 Like

does the new tire make that much of a difference? Is the stock tire just as wobbly as the stock pint tire?

1 Like

You have to get the Enduro.
100% non negotiable.

1 Like

what about the warranty?

1 Like

If I had to send mine in I would put the stock one back.

The installation does. Not rip any of the void warranty stickers. So you can make it stock again.

But seriously.
You order the Enduro the minute after you get the GT.

If I were you I’d grab a slightly used one from Suprents.

*just bought a GT…

2 Likes

Sweet!!!

did you get it yet? did you get it yet? did you get it yet?

did you get your Enduro Yet.

it’s coming Friday!

didn’t get the tire yet, it’s not in stock and i’ll place an order once i get a chance to ride the stock GT. Can’t wait!

3 Likes

Someone else please yell at Ed for me…

I feel like I am badgering him…

But he is not doing it right…

3 Likes

Aye peeps
There’s Onewheel xrs in stock on the fm website rn

Just wanted to alert y’all. Really wish I was in the position to get one.

2 Likes

Just sold the neon yellow Pint X. End of a chapter.

3 Likes

You got a regular Pint still?

Your FloatWheel kit running?

Also you forgot to tell at Ed…

Nah, Ed’s got it down. He’s the most realistic PEV owner I know. If the GT is good for him, he’ll have a good time. If something on it sucks, he’ll change it or just sell it and move on. I admire how few shits Ed has to give on worrying about what he’s riding. I honestly wish I could get to that point sooner.

Anyway, no Pints are in my ownership. Still have the old XR, and the GT. GT is needed for video content, naturally, but once that’s run its course, if it does, then I may sell that too.

I’m back and forth on the XR…I can’t currently bring myself to sell it. My daughter likes riding it, and it was my first Onewheel.

No VESC wheels are done yet, I’m currently working on the 20s build’s controller box, but in the last week 4 more broken boards rolled into the shop, so I’m now swamped and have bills to pay. So…ya know.

4 Likes

that is good.
At least I just break my own boards… and then there is no hurry to get them back…

I actually wanna take the tire off of my Pint X today to see if the weird bumpy feeling is dried up sealant or whatever…

You got a lightly used Pint Hoosier you wanna ship half way accross the country?

i might need a new tire…

I do, it’s the old “Whisper” tire. So, it’s a 10.5x4.5-6 in D10a.

1 Like

Have fun with Sam’s old XL50. Hopefully you wont need to open the battery enclosure at all since its a top mounted esc (I think he just needs his esc swapped)

2 Likes

To be honest, I didn’t love the Enduro tire at first. I actually thought about swapping back to stock for a bit. I’m also one of the few people that didn’t mind the stock GT treaded tire, even at 20ish psi, it felt ok for me.

That said, after adjusting the psi multiple times (now at 15) and putting about 40 miles on the Enduro, it’s really grown on me. It soaks up bumps and ridges through the shoulders of the tire far far better than stock.

This made the biggest difference for me off-road. There is a short (1/2 mile) trail near my house I hit regularly. Some tree roots and rocks, but mostly just a thin layer of lose dirt with hard pack underneath. I’m normally running it about 10mph (yes, I’m slow) on the stock treaded. With the Enduro at 20psi, I could barely make it through the trail and it was too sketchy for me to even look at my speed. With Enduro at 15psi, I was running it at 12-13mph and felt like I could push it faster.

2 Likes