Should I buy a Onewheel Pint?

Once you ride a VESC based wheel, especially one with a higher voltage battery, the GT feels like a joke.

It’s very much the same relationship between production eskates and a properly made DIY.

After a couple more videos, the GT will likely be done for me, and I’ll sell it off.

3 Likes

yeah.
I expect that is somewhere in my future…

after all I always need more stuff.

So I take it that you have ridden one and the software is better these days?

I remember a long time ago pondering the diy kit from China and after chatting with you I wanted prebuilt…
but that was a long time ago…

It was actually your floatwheel video that got me considering the onewheel to begin with. Still have a floatwheel kit sitting on shelf, but it seems the better approach is gutting an XR. I’ll definitely build one at some point.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve ridden a 19s build from someone out on Long Island. The build itself was kind of rough around the edges, but the behavior programming is pretty great. Really surprising.

I read that Floatwheel is making a V3, and from the pictures I saw, it’s pretty nuts.

1 Like

this is cool to hear.

I hope it gets really good really soon.

I have not really been keeping up with Vesc and just watching from afar… and my general sense is that it is still pretty murky.

1 Like

It’s significantly more powerful. @JoeyZ5 has a 20s2p p42a build and it embarrasses the XR and GTs in hill climbing and anything intensive.

2 Likes

that is cool.

what is it like just cruising around in a mellow mode?

is is smooth and intuitive like the FM firmware?

With the new dynamic PIDs they’re testing it feels very similar to a FM OW.

1 Like

oh.
so I forgot to mention.

I got to jump on 2 XRs yesterday for a minute.

I was on the trail connector pulling the boys with the Tow Truck and ran into a couple riding.

they let me try their boards.
both in Mission.

The stock Vega… holy ground contact…
it would definitely be great for teaching people.
but super different feeling from both of my boards.

the other one had a threaded Hoosier that was more rounded and felt nice to turn.

I just rode around a tiny bit but both boards felt really really sluggish to me.

the standing platform felt pretty nice!!!

1 Like

Lol. I see you have gotten spoiled with good acceleration and tires. :laughing:

1 Like

son of a bitch.

I missed the boat on the Enduro Preorder…

I wonder when I may actually be able to get one.

2 Likes

Sameeee lol, I can’t wait for a tire that isn’t future motion crap.

1 Like

so what PSIs have you tried dude?

1 Like

@rafaelinmissouri Well I have the treaded so I can’t speak for the slick. I think it came at 18 and I let out a bit so I’m probs at 10 ish I’ll check tomorrow for the exact. Just keep in mind I’m a 5 foot 80 pound kid so probably gonna be different for you. Lol

I haven’t really experimented much, I leave it pretty low because I get like 35 miles on a charge.

I find you have to keep it pretty low for it not to feel squirrely. Like >10% of your body weight.

@rafaelinmissouri

Here’s my list of psi’s I’ve tried;

18, way to hard for me

14, fine for low speed riding on road

10, sweet spot for my use, mostly road, some light gravel/dirt

8, little bit low for street, the best for off road, as low as I would go

But then again, I’m a 80 pound kid so this is all different for you.

1 Like

@rafaelinmissouri

What psi’s do you like?

1 Like

i have not settled on anything… I did not experiment much with the new tire before sending mine back.

1 Like

I went and rode the PX around for about 4.5 miles this morning.

Fully padded ready to send it.

And damnit I miss the GT…

I was living in pushback ville and having to take it easy the whole time…

Off course the PX felt smooth like butter when I was riding on freshies. But I really wanted to really push hard and knew the whole time I could not.

Can’t wait to get my GT back.

I got an email confirmation from FM yesterday they got my GT and will be checking it out…

I really wish that had been a tracking number instead…

2 Likes

this dude has an interesting take on the GT.

I will have to give the wider foot stance a try sometimes…

2 Likes

Every case is different, but I copied my emails from FM below to give you a sense of turn around time on my PX.

first the board received…
William (Future Motion Inc)

Jan 24, 2022, 9:33 PST

Just following up on the status of your board. We have received your Onewheel in our repair facilities and it is currently in the process of being evaluated. Once we have more information available, we will follow up with you.

Have a lovely rest of your day!

All the best,
William
Future Motion Support Team

Then…
William (Future Motion Inc)

Jan 26, 2022, 9:05 PST

We have received confirmation from our repair team that your board is shipping back to you. If you would like, you can track your package through FedEx.com with tracking number 775790617338.

Our technicians found that your PintX Battery Pack was not performing up to specifications and was replaced under warranty. Your board was tested extensively after the repairs to ensure that it is performing up to specifications.

Happy to get you back to Riding!

All the best,
William
Future Motion Support Team

4 Likes