Should I buy a Onewheel Pint?

oh man…i almost did as well after you linked it. But I need to hold back as I still have 2 boards coming. I’ll wait for the GT.

2 Likes

Damn man…I’m really sorry.

I hope it gets sorted quickly.

1 Like

you are my fucking idol.
put a god damn tire on there…

1 Like

Used XRs are absolutely fine, get new plastic/rubber and they look absolutely mint

Even if the battery goes bad it’s not like we don’t know how to make a new pack

2 Likes

Thanks. FM just emailed a shipping label. Glad I saved the original boxes.

Have the flight fins whisper arriving the same day as the board.

1 Like

did you get it!?! did you get it?!?
can you curb nudfe it yet,?
tell me…

1 Like

Got it!
Used from suprents.com, 30 miles on it.
Put about 6 miles on it, still on stock Vega (until tomorrow).
Did not try any nudges today, but I did ride off-road. Night and day difference from the PX off-road. Felt totally comfortable, even on rougher dirt road and patchy grass. A lot of that is the Vega probably, but the wider/longer platform made an immediate improvement in my overall confidence off-road.
It does lack some of the PX punch and I also felt pushback (I think) at like 15mph on a flat road a few times, which kind of disappointed me, I had hoped it would hit in the 18mph range. The pushback is much more subtle and I’m hesitant to push the speed until I better understand it.

Tomorrow I’m swapping tires, bumpers, and rear footpad.

2 Likes

Here is a pic after installing:
Hoosier whisper, Bang bumpers, Kush wide, Sidekicks, fender delete. I also replaced front grip tape.
The whisper makes HUGE difference. It’s sooo plush and carvey. Just a quick rip today before headed out to watch some football, but so far I love it.

3 Likes

oh my fucking god

2 Likes

@Adam0311
dude.
can I please get your daily update on the XR.
trying to live vicariously through you…

and on my end I just had my second good fall…

a half a block from my house on the way back from a 6 mile ride.

and Boom…
this little pothole I totally know about gets me.

tiny little pot hole.
basically tire sized…

the funny part is I have fallen because of this same pothole before… last time I was going fakie super slow and it basically sat me down…

Hope you were geared up. Course, being ass cold in MO right now, all the layers probably cushion the fall a bit.

I always am dude…

I can’t handle falling… gotta have all the gear…

I am totally good. wrist is a smidge sore.

I don’t wear gear riding inside the house and that is what is gonna get me…

1 Like

Happy to update. Had some great weather the last couple days, so I put about 20 miles on the XR. To me it rides quite different than the PX. Less torque, but the gradual pushback allows more speed. It also feels slightly more top heavy than the PX, possibly due to the taller tire.

Absolutely love the whisper tire, totally transformed the riding experience for me. Carves similar to the PX now, but much more stable and so smooth.

The larger platform seems like I have tons of foot real estate, this has been helpful with drops. In fact, I finally feel comfortable dropping curbs at will. With my PX I always had to psych myself up for it.

Curb nudges are also a bit easier with the larger platform, but the wooden front pad is already taking a beating from fails.

Up until today all my curb nudges have been just parking lot practice, but on my ride home I hit my first street crossing curb nudge. Felt like a fucking rockstar. Then I biffed the next one and nearly ate shit right in front of my wife’s best friend. :joy::rofl:

Been eyeing the flight fins mini…won’t pull the trigger yet, need to gain competence without them first, but down the road they look fun.

Or your wife will get you when you mess up a revert and send the board into wall :rofl::joy:

1 Like

Quick update on my pintx. Got an email from FM, faulty battery, fixed under warranty and already on its way home. I had high hopes this would be fixed under warranty, but it’s a relief to see things work as they should. Can’t wait to do a back to back ride comparison with the PX and XR.

2 Likes

awesome.
I am looking forward to hearing more.

what is the ship date on your GT?

I am hoping you help me figure out down the line if I get an XR or a GT

Ship date is currently march 11th, but it was originally Jan 31st, so who knows. I’m pretty sure I’ll keep two boards…either XR and GT or PX and GT. Really starting to dig the XR though.

1 Like

I just installed new grip tape and remove that plastic layer…sensors are activating so much better!

2 Likes