Should I buy a Onewheel Pint?

First ever! Actually had two successful nudges today…out of maybe 20-25 attempts. The shove forward (almost like a hip check) and unweighting we’re definitely key. I obviously still suck at the timing and end up spinning my wheel a lot :joy:.

2 Likes

Awesome dude!!!

Late last night I took a little ride. At one point I decided to give these a try and it was the most half ass thing I have ever seen.

I basically ran into the curb with the wheel ten times and fell forward…

I wasn’t really trying… there was zero commitment.

I think these are gonna be pretty hard for me…

Just read through this discussion a bit since i’m considering getting a pint or a pint x. i’ve lined up the possibility to get a pint for 300USD or a pint X for 700USD. i’m leaning towards the pint X even though it’s more than double the price since the range is so much better. Top speed being higher is cool but i’ll probably be commuting on this thing and not doing any top speed attempts anyways so I don’t care too much about that. would love to hear what you guys think I should go with given your experiences with the pint and pint X. or should I just get an older XR, since I have size 12 feet maybe? Idk, hoping y’all can help me decide!

I’ve no experience with used onewheels, but the pintx for $700 might be a scam. Be really careful. That out of the way, I also have size 12 feet and after 200 miles, feel pretty comfortable on the pintx. However, if I didn’t have a GT on order, I’d probably sell my pintx and get an XR. XR just seems to give you more options.

2 Likes

yea definitely being careful, making sure I do everything through the platform i’m buying on so there are buyer protections in case it’s a scam. not in a rush or anything so if anything seems off i’ll just pass. what do you mean by the XR giving you more options? as in more options of where you can ride? the appeal of the pint to me is that it’s very portable so carrying it up stairs/ around in general would be less of a hassle that it would be with an XR. not sure if anyone here has carried their XR around much but it seems incredibly awkward and uncomfortable

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

My first few sessions were pretty similar. Then I started to take it seriously and suddenly I accidentally figured it out, once, then after another dozen fails, I figured it out again. That was yesterday. Today I got up 3 times in 15-20 attempts. My poor stock bumpers hate me.

I helps me to practice the hip check a few times while riding slowly, before the first nudge attempt.

1 Like

Carrying the pintx isn’t real fun either. Not a big deal to run up or down a some stairs, but carrying it around in a store for 5-10 min is super annoying. Pint is better I’m sure.
I’ve never ridden an XR, but it seems that an XR can do (or be made to do) everything a pintx can, but just a little bit better/easier/less sketchy.

1 Like

Hm ok yea makes sense. tbh upon further review it seems like a solid 60% or more of the listings for onewheels are kinda sketchy looking, so i’ll probably wait a while anyways while i filter through the less sketchy listings. hopefully i’ll be able to test ride one at one point

The Pint X is definitely a scam. Personally, I wouldn’t even chance it. It was released a couple of months ago, for $1400. Used Onewheels don’t sell for that cheap.

Do you have a link to the listing?

1 Like

What area are you in?

so…

is it weird I have not noticed push back?

I am at 240 miles…

until a week ago my top speed on the app said 16.7 and just recently went up to 17.3

I can’t say that I know what push back feels like…

maybe I am not pushing up to the 17 mph line???
I do struggle with how to keep making it go faster.
not trying to lean too far forward…

or I wonder if I get it and I just don’t notice it?

Seems odd from my limited experience. My lifetime top is 17.1mph and I usually feel it around 16ish mph. I ride in pacific x mostly. Pushback is very noticeable, especially the first few times.

2 Likes

I’ve been riding my XR for over two years now and I only realised there’s pushback after about one year or so.
I just kept riding until I noticed my front hip would hurt after a while of riding on flat paved ground.
A friend told me I was riding pushback the whole time.
Oh well.

1 Like

yea they never responded and I looked more and theres a bunch of listings using the same photos, so it is in fact a scam. it’s crazy- you look for onewheels for sale and i’d say a vast majority are scams. @Adam0311 I am located in Boston Mass, why do you ask?

1 Like

If you were local I’d let you give my pintx a try. I’m in SoCal though.

2 Likes

ah damn that would be cool. Hopefully i’ll find the opportunity to test ride one at some point

1 Like

so do you get pushback on pretty much every ride?

I always do at least, both the pint and XR, but I think the lighter you are the more you feel it fight you (there’s a very sudden and noticable change in pitch for me, I ride with fins so feet all the way to the fender and a 3 degree nose down bias)

1 Like

3 Likes

broooooo!!!

dang.
that is smooth.