Should I buy a Onewheel Pint?

No like I legitimately have not pulled more than 30 battery amps in my life :joy:

2 Likes

That’s totally not my mentality. As a DIY guy I always look for ways to improve things. You 100% could fit more cells, power and voltage into the OWs without significantly changing the form factor or compromising battery safety.

To me the design is very strange. They invested so much weight in the hub and frame and then limited the boards with a tiny battery.
OWs are heavy anyway so a bigger battery would not change the overall feel that much.

You sound like a OW sales person saying oh that’s not what they made for. But why not think oh lets make them able to do that! I Also love the ride feeling but hate the power and range.

I modified serval OWs form a 2p to a 3p and the older OWs from a small Li Fe to a bigger Li ion and that makes them much more capable already. If you now increase the voltage you could also make them go a bit faster.

In their current state OWs are very limited. And future motion have so much proprietary shit I wont ever buy one from them. They even solder the Xt60 the wrong way!!!
The future of OWs is in DIY. 20s OWs with a powerful battery will be great and ill make sure to make all the OW guys jealous.

4 Likes

I was soooo close. I was willing to buy a pink one.

1 Like

Haven’t read the whole thread, but my take might be useful for some:

Bought a Pint a year ago, had an absolute blast. I like fast carvy riding, I even think some people never learn that when they start on XR and the stock flat Vega tire, even if they upgrade the tire later they stick to the boring style they developed :sunglasses:

Bought an XR, converted to a Growler, riding it since spring. The difference between Pint is objectively not that big but subjectively for me is huge. Increased top speed very noticeable, on Pint you’d always want to go a bit faster, XR does exactly that. Also when you want to go faster on the Pint the pushback is really really annoying. On XR you can learn to “ride on the edge of the pushback” and it’s fine.

I am now putting Little FOCer into the Pint, it’s a good “vessel” for it and I’ll sell the original BMS/controller pair eventually, meaning I’m not really losing money on it. For that and the above (Pint being carvy with stock tire) I don’t regret buying the Pint first at all.

4 Likes

appreciate the feedback dude.

lots of people here seem to have fun with these.

3 Likes

Well snaps.

Got to try one today!!!

I was rolling through campus on the tail end of a ride on the Llama.

saw some kids hanging out on the grass and saw the Pint…

stoped and asked if I could try and this young Lady by the name of Jesse pops up and says sure.

Interesting little gadget.

I got to ride it way more than the regular Onewheels I tried a long time ago.

I was in full gear so it was perfect.

But it was totally easy to hop on and just go… on flat anyways…

the grass was sketchy…

I really want to try them some more.

And wish I just had the cash to blow on one right now…

9 Likes

Your better than I am, I still not trustworthy of them yet. Sorry to go off on something else but what pads are you rocking?

1 Like

all of them dude…
I need it all.

Fox Titan Sport Jacket
Fox Proframe.
Flatland fingerless pro.
Leatt 3df 6.0 kneel pads.
and padded shorts from Amazon.

takes a minute to get out of the door…

2 Likes

WOOOOOoooOoOoOoOo!

\(^0^)/

2 Likes

Ya know…

I am intrigued by those EUC’s that have 50mph 100+mi range and what looks like some dang good handling off road on jumps.

I know it’s slightly irrelevant but it does have one wheel, and every once and a while like @rafaelinmissouri i ask myself if it would be a good idea. It’s price ~$3000 is around the cost of a dang good custom board so I often ask why I embarked on an extreme build when I could just buy a veteran Sherman EUC and chill out with my current board.

That’s my rant for tonight about devices using 1 wheel and wether or not they should be bought. Maybe in the future I can sell a build and get an EUC as a secondary.

2 Likes

dude… shibby time!!!

1 Like

Funny story, my employer is giving out a “bonus” bonus this year due to our success and effort during COVID. So I decided I’d pick up a Pint. Found one locally for 850 with the fender and 90 miles on it. Figured why the hell not. So picked it up today, thing is a blast. Took it up and down the driveway for an hour getting the hang of it. But for what I expected from it, Im happy with my purchase.

5 Likes

awesome dude. you gotta be stoked!!! good deal too.

1 Like

well.
son of a gun.

got to try an XR today.

was on the tail end of a ride going through down town.

saw a kid breeze through an intersection a block away and knew it looked like something electric.

so I chased him down and we got to talking.

and he let me try it!!!

also a neat gadget.

based on my “extensive experience” I’m going to say I definitely liked the profile of the Pint tire way better…

2 Likes
2 Likes

that is some air…

They share a hub, you can put a pint tire on an XR without issue. If you just swap the tire it’s called a Prowler and if you get shorter rails and the corresponding fender delete it’s called a Growler

The XR has a 11 x 6.5-6 and the pint has a 10x4.5-6, so you can pick a middle ground like a 11 x 5.0-6 and it will feel better

4 Likes

I have seen how the pint rotor is actually slightly different but you can take it and put it on an XR stator and feel the better torque from magnets? idk kinda confused now.

Same hub different end caps to connect to the rails I think, the smaller pint tire is more nimble

Minor correction here. The Pint motor is a bit narrower. What this results in, is that if you put a Pint sized tire on an XR, the edge of the hub ends up more exposed to the ground. Tipped on its side, the edge can actually hit pavement.

There have been more than a few instances of the hub losing chunks of metal from falls. That’s why TFL released the Life Savers. Their Growler conversion lead to some boards with damaged motors.

And I’m not really into the smaller mods, but I THINK the Growler is the conversion with shorter rails and an XtraRad or similar tire. Prowler is that conversion, but using a Pint motor. I may have gotten that wrong.

3 Likes