shoes and footbrake

I’m getting tired of destroying my right shoe,
I skate arround 5km a day everyday and my best pick so far was Decatlon shoes, they are worth 15 bucks which is pretty cheap,
they last me only a couple of month though and then I fin myself walking like a dahu (local folklore beast)
will buying more expensive and dedicated skate shoes buy me some more skatting time or should I keep with the expendable ones ?

Dahu pic for attention: they live on mountain sides and you hunt them by getting behind them and yell at them so they try to turn back and fall down the slope

2 Likes

Haven’t tried this personally (I will when I buy my next pair of shoes), but if you footbrake a lot you probably need this:
https://www.urethaneburners.com/product/ub-soles/

1 Like

This, or go @glyphiks route of not wearing shoes :joy:

4 Likes

I’m curious to hear your feedback when you get them, that looks a bit silly ^^’ I’m going to and back from work in skate so I can’t have it looks too weird

1 Like

“expendable feet” much better than expendable shoe,
But, is it really called going barefoot if you have shoes tattooed on them ?

5 Likes

I have scars to prove that it is

1 Like

Highly recommend freebrake or urethane burners soles. You just glue them onto the soles of whatever shoes you have for superior grip and to get extra life out of your shoes

5 Likes

I’ve heard great things about brake soles, but I’ve never seen them in stock anywhere

Apart from glue on soles, I really like Nike SB, they last quite a long time.
Or those skate shoes with the Michelin sole.

2 Likes

Yeah I hadn’t heard of glue on soles until a friend tried to order some of these. Would they work?

I’ll give it a try, I guess I need to find flat sole shoe to put it though

I’ll give a try to the michelin ones I think, they are not that espensive,
Any chance you can say if they size small or big ?

Sorry, I only know they exist, never tried them.

1 Like

I will also say that cheap shoes don’t last long at all. I used to run through a new pair every couple of months when I bought shoes at WalMart many many years ago, but ever since I went with name brand shoes I’ve only had to replace them every couple of years. Yes it’s more expensive up front, but they’re also much more comfortable and last way longer.

I’m still skating on the same pair of Vans I got 4 years ago. They’re well worn, but still usable, and they only cost me $40 which isn’t a whole lot more.

2 Likes

Wait do you not have any flat soles for skating? Like I occasionally ride in other stuff (I used to a lot more when I was using the board as mostly a utility thing) but flat shoes are so much better for control for most folks

1 Like

Vans is my go to when it comes to durability. I haven’t really skated much in the past years due to an injury, I can’t even foot brake any more :cry:

1 Like

ahah I don’t,
I tryed skatting with all what I usualy wear from rangers to open sandals
(those ones were actually fine but much to expensive to destroy them every two months)
I finally settled for some Decatlon’s light “hiking shoes” and I find them pretty comfy

https://www.decathlon.fr/p/chaussures-de-randonnee-nh100-homme/_/R-p-107929?mc=8354268&c=GRIS
never seen a shoe that good in those prices,
I don’t mind trying something more expensive I am just not sure how much an improvement it can be: those one I can changer every two months without batting an eye

Vulcanized adidas busenitz seem to hold up pretty well.

Can you not just like. Spray quality bed liner on the soles every now & then?

it seriously works ?

1 Like