💩 Shitty DIY and nothing else!

There’s probably a god damn app I can use. XD I had a hot debate with myself on whether to post here or the bitching thread, but another look at my new remote landed it here.

1 Like

Convince him to get a bond smart home. It learns and repeats ir and rf commands and gives you control over them via app, smart speaker, etc

Mine controls my fans and fireplace

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool actually.
But they’d never go for it :frowning:
I’m still tryna sell em on making the roll up window panels remote controlled… or at least freakin motorized, fuck a hand crank. I’ll even build it out myself.
I made a power drill attachment for now xD

1 Like

Using hass.io and esphome you could easily place some esp8266s to switch all the fans at once.
Fuck that bond shit. Open source all the way

2 Likes

If only phones still came with IR blasters

Mine might. $30 blu phone.

1 Like

13 Likes

“Haters gonna hate”

5 Likes

Found Waldo

5 Likes

When you asked for the candy stripe skin I was dubious. But i love how you’ve brought it together. Those pink fenders are incredible.

5 Likes

whyyyoseibnornhs;eo34i’

I love how it’s one giant remote to rule them all, but couldn’t he at least have numbered and written from one direction instead of two? I say he actually went out of his way to piss you off haha

3 Likes

I can say with nearly 100% certainty that this is legitimately his best attempt at a solution. He spent 3 hours on it. He’s actually proud of it.

One of the fans doesn’t work already, and I have yet to turn them on or off even once.

1 Like

@Venom121212 I actually did bring up the smart home and was told absolutely not, as smart home technology could wreak absolute havoc upon a hotel

Lmao anyone with an rf or ir blaster could “wreak havoc” by controlling fans then. People so scared of the idea of smart home. It’s no different than an app controlling a fan as you mentioned.

5 Likes

The word “smart” is pretty misleading in the term “smart home” think of it more as “app-connected appliances”

If you can control something with an app, a script can be written to control it from the cloud. Use IFTTT and it becomes “smart” lol

Artists being artists,bro.
With 110000 dollars a year he should be able to write hyro-glyphix :joy:

1 Like

Exway flex DKP conversion

10 Likes

ace-ventura-ace-ventura-vomit

Whats happening on the back of the hub? Was he mudding?

6 Likes

Why do the rear wheels look like they’re made of paper mache

3 Likes