💩 Shitty DIY and nothing else!

I’m ok at fiberglass stuff.

2 Likes

Can confirm, I took one down the hill once and had to will it not to snap. Like Quinn said though, some layer-ups maybe a stringer or 2 and it could be solid.

2 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes

Printing the duct using your new hotend be like

2 Likes

63mm motors with 72mm wheels. I’m preetty sure 0.5cm of motor clearance is fine.

5 Likes

As someone who did that, no it’s not a good idea and your motors will look like shit…its mostly cosmetic damage but they will loose all their surface paint

The build looks good though, but for sure rotate those motor mounts up at least 15 degrees

6 Likes

Name it “Sparky.”

5 Likes

Naw I’m just kidding around. I’ll be throwing some cloudwheels on, but I wanted to see what this would look like.
The motor mounts actually won’t rotate any further. This is one of torqueboards old designs which is asymmetric too so I had to actually flip one mount over to get enough clearance. With the cloudwheels theres about 25mm which will have to do.

3 Likes

That extra 20mm should do you fine

1 Like

5mm is definitely NOT fine.

I’ve ran 8mm and it was an absolute disaster.

IMHO, for a street board, motor can clearance:

<20mm is a no-go
25mm is tight
30mm is acceptible
40mm+ is plenty

3 Likes

He was being facetious.

4 Likes

Facebook Gold as always.

grafik

18 Likes

RIP that guy.

7 Likes

my TBDD w/ 90mm wheels be like:

5 Likes

The madman actually welded his trucks from sheet metal together, what the hell.

4 Likes

It’s gOoD N sTrONg

1 Like

The motors are at serious risk of damage with 0.5cm clearance…

4 Likes

I suggest installing a broom in front of the truck to sweep all the debris out of the way :rofl:

6 Likes

I’d like to thank @ZachTetra for selling me the battery for this 15mph pennyboard ahaha

11 Likes