SERIOUS - 💡 Trial run for "Serious" tags on new threads (Serious Replies Only)

So how should we test this? I really want to know what people think of drop decks and which ones are good for eskate if you want a pilot thread to run it on

3 Likes

That would be appreciated. But to see if it makes sense, it would be best for you to be in the driver’s seat.

2 Likes

Sure, standard flag for off-topic posts but they are simply evaluated differently by mods right?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Pretty clever.

2 Likes

This is a great idea, I’ll also make it more clear which posts are reasonable to flag (or not flag) for the everyday user.

3 Likes

I like the idea, but I am afraid it would be hard to implement properly.

BTW, is there a way to add dislikes? It would be a way of voting on each comment.

There is

5 Likes

I love this

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not running plug-ins. That’s a Damon-level decision.

6 Likes

That was delicately walked.

3 Likes

Reddit reorders comments based on popularity right? That’s why it’s problematic,

1. I think. If someone is spouting nonsense or stuff that’s not necessary then a community -ve feedback might stop such behavior. Basically saying “I don’t want to see this”.
  2. Flagging is a hard -ve reinforcement and doesn’t tell the person how bad his/her comment actually is, so they almost all feel that it’s unjustified.
  3. When the flagged post disappears people don’t get to know if a shitty comment was made.
  4. Flag should be reserved for something super obscene, derogatory or disturbing posts only.

If people are engaging in friendly bantering then I don’t feel like people would rate that -vely.

7 Likes

I just got two of my shitposts deleted here after they were flagged. Is that still moderator based or automatic based on number of flags?

It would be cool if that shit was automated and not creating more moderator burden, but that could be abused too and would have to be locked into SRO threads only (magic plugin?).

I like it, regardless.

Good call.

Immature manchildren always waxing homoerotic and cluttering up shit with their finger vomit. Sheesh. Some people.

5 Likes

80% on, 20% off. Nice again.

3 Likes

I was clearly being self referential in the end there William.

3 Likes

I got that, just saying that your percentage play was nice. It’s okay to take compliments gracefully.

1 Like

NO.

2 Likes

I feel like the sro tag will just allow certain op to flag anything that goes against their own opinion. With the amount of flags this will cause, mods will have their work cut out for them and might not see things like this slipping through?

2 Likes

Could be. Let’s find out. Again, if this fails, it’s fine by me. As I referenced above, I’m one of the worst offenders in the “extraneous stuff” arena.

So if the people that complained about not having less cluttered content offerings fail to show up or support it, bye Felicia.

2 Likes

Perhaps i misunderstand the intent of the SRO tag. Doesn’t an OP already have the ability to flag posts that go against their opinion? My assumption was the tag would be applied at the genesis of the post [edit] “in an attempt to reduce” the volume of unwanted “homoerotic finger vomit” from immature manchildren.

2 Likes

The intent is not to flag a opposite opinion, discussion is good, but when a thread started as VESC tm discussion and currently is about what mouse do you use, something went wrong

6 Likes