SERIOUS - šŸ’” Trial run for "Serious" tags on new threads (Serious Replies Only)

I guess, Iā€™ve just never been the kid who liked rules. I feel like the vocal minority are the people complaining. I could be wrong, but Iā€™m sure the numbers support it

1 Like

Ok. So your thread is screwed if you didnā€™t think of the scenario where your thread goes ot. You end up starting a new thread then with the same title, only adding the sro tagā€¦ Lol.

I know Iā€™m messing around here a bit, but to me this thing doesnā€™t really feel like itā€™s well thought through. Weā€™ll see how it goes I guess.

I like this a lot!!! I will never use it but I like it

3 Likes

Lol I walked right into that didnā€™t I :joy:

1 Like

Which filter are you speaking of?

Any user can flag a post as not serious, no names attached and anyone can unflag it. If a particular user toggles the ā€œhide non-serious postsā€ setting then that post doesnā€™t show up for them until they switch of the filter.

Nothing is deleted but not everyone has to see everything

2 Likes

Maybe youā€™re right. But worth a shot and itā€™s hardly going to bring the roof down on our heads if it succeeds or fails.

1 Like

Was mentioned in post #10

Sorry, I meant where does this option exist in the Discourse platform?

1 Like

Like is that a supported feature on the site? I donā€™t know, Iā€™ve never made a forum before

Iā€™ve done quite a bit of reading on the Discourse platform, and nothing like this has shown up.

3 Likes

I wonder how many people would use this SRO though.

Perhaps splitting the topic (likely to the corner if recent history is anything to go by) once it starts to get out of hand and letting it continue there.

1 Like

Good idea. Thanks! :wink:

Summary

Iā€™m going to use this tag for my dick joke thread.

10 Likes

Again, just a trial run. It might turn out to be a turd, and is so, no harm done. Splits are tough because they have to go somewhere, and the destination isnā€™t always clear.

3 Likes

what if for example Brian creates a thread that says dual recievers are necessary and you must have them? Can someone call him out and say no bro and make a joke. Or will they get deleted and he can just say whatever he wants?

2 Likes

First off, he says what he wants now. As OP of an SRO thread, thatā€™s his option.

2 Likes

So the OP has to flag the posts?

lol fascinating, I think itā€™ll be a disaster but I guess Iā€™ve said my piece. As always love ya bill. Guess weā€™ll see :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Op and others who are interested in a streamlined thread.

3 Likes

I think disaster is a bit much, but it could turn out to be a shitty idea. In that case, life goes on.

Plus, if it does fail, it serves as a case study for the people who PM me complaining of the extraneous content.

3 Likes