[SERIOUS] Shipping | Solutions & Opinions

Hello
I think as a community, where we sell and buy things not only from e-commerce shops, but also individuals, we should discuss reliable shipping companies, 3rd party websites, and shipping in general.

I want to recount to you first my problems and opinions.
When i first started selling things on the forum i would use French Post (La Poste).
It’s fine, prices are higher though and shipping is quite slow (5-7 days out of Metropolitan
France)

Then I started using because i didn’t want to interact with people with covid19 floating around; want to preserve those masks.
Packlink is a shipping comparator, making sure to find the best prices for your shipment, much like Trivago.com and Booking.com
I don’t sell every day obviously, so i must have used their service 5ish times?
Most of the time i chose UPS as courrier because i could ship anywhere in Europe up to 3kg for a mere 13 euros. Ask @pjotr47 @MikeDV how fast they received their last packages from me, i think is was like 2 days.

Until recently i had serious problems with Packlink.
Friday night i paid 93 euros to ship a board over to Wales. I somehow made a big mistake and wrote 11kg instead of the 14kg. DHL was supposed to pick it up the coming Monday
So i started looking for their contact info. They didn’t have any. They had a contact form that would not work on my computer (surface pro 6). I had to fill out the form on my phone.
Then i saw they didn’t work on the weekend so i was well fucked now.
Monday morning i call DHL as soon as they open. They kindly said they could do nothing since i used 3rd party website.
I then tried to find Packlinks phone number. Couldn’t find it. I found this number on another website. bam 2.32 euros for a fake number.
I felt stupid, i felt bad, i felt lost.

I went on Packlinks contact form again and filled it out again but this time a new option appeared. ‘‘Live Chat’’
clicked on it typed i wanted a refund. Boom support joined the chat. We exchanged a bunch of messages, she seemed very helpful and kind, she said she would cancel the order asap and would be refunded within the companies policy which was 3 days for Paypal. So got a confirmation email that the order was GOING TO BE CANCELLED and that i would receive my money within 3 days.

3 days later nada… Sent them an email again today, the same email where the women said i would receive the money.

2 days ago i made another order with packlink, for @monkey32. It was scheduled to be picked up yesterday.
UPS called yesterday with a PRIVATE NUMBER. Said yesterday was not possible (this has happened before, Corona of course) so i said today was not possible, I’m not at home, can you pick it up the 10th? He said sure np.
And you fucking guessed it. The driver called today saying it was to be picked up TODAY. He was a real ffing prick. He was like;
‘’ But on my machine it’s today! are you listening to me MADAME? (he called me madame) I know what i am doing okay? I’m the driver?

So i explained UPS called yesterday etc… he wouldn’t listen to it, said that his schedule was full, complained about the situation, so a told him clearly in french, i did not really give a shit, i paid for a delivery pick up, i want it picked up, if it’s next week then it will be next week but i want it picked up.
I lost patience see, because he was thick and accusing me.
so he called ups center, called me back, said they would pick it up next week, AND IF THEY CAN’T THEN THEY CAN’T. I lost it and hung up.
So I’m emailing UPS directly tonight to say how obnoxious this driver was, i have his phone number, and i want in writing a confirmation date for delivery.

So yeah I’m not using packlink anymore, I’m going to try ParcelMonkey.com because they have a bloody CANCEL BUTTON as an option in your account orders.

Please share your opinions on different shipping services and your advice
Cheers!!

Edit Zone

Please add your favourite reliable shipping services here, maybe also add a star rating (1-5)

- Packlink

@PixelatedPolyeurthan
Review: Okay if domestic shipping and all goes smoothly. If your package gets lost or damaged customer service is very poor/good depending where you live.
Summary:
:star: :star: :star: 3/5
Avoid as much as possible

@
Review:

Summary:

- ParcelMonkey

@
Review:

Summary:

- Parcel2go

@rusins
Review:
I had to reschedule pick up 7 times because their communication with DPD was awful. Eventually got a refund and shipped with someone else.

Summary:
:star: :star: :star: 3/5
Possible to receive a refund, not the best experience.

@
Review:

Summary:

- (Insert here)

@
Review:

Summary:

7 Likes

Im using Parcelmonkey from now on because Interparcel shafted me

2 Likes

yeah. i’m not letting 90+ euros slip away. if i don’t get an answer soon i’m filing a paypal claim

2 Likes

Also, want to apologize to @monkey32 for this, i’ll try and get it sorted asap as well.

1 Like

I sended him my Purple kegels with DHL. No problem

1 Like

DHL is german right? because i can’t use dhl without using a 3rd party website. which website do you use the dhl shipping?

1 Like

Strange :thinking:
dhl.de
is a international company

1 Like

Update

so i just did another live chat, same women. She refunded me on the spot via paypal which i then confimed. She apologized.
Problem solved
:partying_face:

Conclusion;

Packlink live chat within france is pretty great. The womens name is Audrey (I won’t give the last name for obvious concerns)
I can’t say about other nations service though.

1 Like

I have a similar story. Was sending a deck back to @bevilacqua, and used Parcel2Go to find the best deal, which was DPD. (Keep in mind DPD does not have a web-site to arrange a package collection from Latvia, so using Parcel2Go was the only way to do this). A few months and 7 unsuccessful pick ups later, I got Parcel2Go to refund me, and then I spent a few bucks more to use Omniva (Baltic shipping company that primarily offer locker to locker shipping) which picked it up the next day and got it delivered in 7 days as they said they would.

Moral of the story: when ordering through these price comparison web-sites, it’s impossible to contact the actual shipping company.

I try to use Omniva as much as I can now; especially recently, because of 0 human to human interaction at the locker locations. In Latvia UPS is also a thing, but it costs like 300€ just to send a pencil to somewhere.

2 Likes

I can confirm shipping was very fast. Much faster then what I expected. I am not 100% sure but it took like 2 days. @PixelatedPolyeurthan, the wheels were in very good condition btw :wink:

1 Like

Big yes with this.
It becomes complicated.
Now i know there are probably many stories like this around the world with many threads on redit but i thin k as a community we should discuss how to manage these things within our selves and make our own conclusions based on our experiences, especially since we are from all around the world

:grin: :partying_face: :v:

2 Likes

No DPD shops in Latvia? :joy:

oh well i’m dumb lol. It works! thanks for that!

1 Like

@PixelatedPolyeurthan You can get a label directly from DHL. :joy:

1 Like

loool

1 Like

nope; cost is half of UPS, so like 150€, but often they just won’t do it

1 Like

It will be expensive

Unless you have a shipping account

2 Likes

Yep. 5kg package to the US 35€

That’s not bad

1 Like

I tried to put an address. the shipping prices are good but they only pick up from germany, that’s the catch

1 Like