[SERIOUS] Shipping | Solutions & Opinions

£66 for 1.5kg DHL UK to US drop off

Lol

2 Likes

NEVER use packlink. They are scammers. If your parcel gets lost or damaged there’s no way to receive a single cent of compensation from them. Their insurance is a plain scam.
Just go to trustpilot.com and take a look at the five stars ratings…most of them are from users with just one review. Only one. Obviously those are chill accounts made by them to raise reputation.
Now go to the one star votes…you will see most users have many reviews. They say a lot of things:
They have no phone nor chat, just copy&paste mails.
Their insurance does not pay a cent
They do not take responsibility for anything
They charged many people months later due to overweight costs…if you ship today and in 3 months you see a charge of 30€ all of a sudden from them you know why.
If the courier comes 2 weeks later you have no compensation. In case the parcel is not picked up at all again no compensation.
They have written a very well elaborated conditions disclaimer so there’s very few things police can do for you.
That’s no my own opinion. It’s a fact. Packlink are scammers. Follow my advice or don’t…your call.

2 Likes

Had shocking experiences with parcel2go from the uk. Almost impossible to talk to anyone.
Interparcel, nothing but great experiences. (Hundreds)
Parcelmonkey ok and also good from us to uk.

3 Likes

Now I am the lucky one here… :neutral_face:

1 Like

You can go to any shipping carrier and the reviews will be a mixed bag

Personally only had one issue with parcel2go, (lost parcel but it got returned)

1 issue with royal mail (lost parcel)

Interparcel

1 lost parcel, showed up eventually
Another incident where they told me my package was overweight by 30kg and wanted to charge me £120 in fees. I had quite a lot of evidence and they had nothing. They sent me a insurance cheque for the lost parcel that got found for £60 and then a bill for £120 for the overweight parcel. All in a month period

2 Likes

I agree… yet packlink are scammers.

2 Likes

Hmm. My 2c

For some of our international sales… It may actually be cheaper that the seller/buyer do it through eBay.

eBag gives a great international shipping discount via PayPal and there’s absolutely zero bullshit involved. All info is already there thru eBay/PP account. Don’t have to worry about money conversions either. You’re paying 13.5% more than you would via a private deal… But I think in most cases that’s going to be less than the international shipping rates people are finding. It could’ve changed in the past four years, but I used to send a decent amount of packages internationally thru eBay and rates were barely higher than U.S. domestic w/all of the discounts.

1 Like

eBay also takes 8% of whatever you sell. I don’t really like eBay for selling, they are quite strict and annoying.
That’s my 2c with my very little experience with eBay though

eBay takes 10%
PayPal takes 3.5%

= ‽

1 Like

I have made this a WIKI so as you can share you opinions on different services
@moon @BigBen @Rojitor
cheers

2 Likes

Hey ho I sorted out @monkey32 package too!
I contacted packlink via Live Chat and they said they would give UPS a warning and guess what? They picked it up today lol. Driver was soo mad though, he didn’t even look at me lmao…

1 Like

They have a live chat? Not in my country.
Remember that they do not allow to send antiques. Any item beyond 15 days old is considered antique. They request a bill in case they lose or damage the item. PayPal is not accepted by them as a bill even though they accept PayPal as payment.
They allow 20 days to the courier company to look for the lost items. I said 15 days old is an antique didn’t I? In the very few cases that they recognize you have the right for a compensation they do not pay it at full but a percentage.
Some girl in my country got 100€ for a laptop.
Shippings was 25€ insurance 65€ so she got 10€ for a brand new laptop.
Well I warn again all members about that company. Do as you please.

1 Like

a few months ago i bought a tayto and cags from someone on reddit. after negotiating a price that included shipping and then paypal’ing him the funds, he came back with the “holy shit i didn’t realize how much it would cost to ship this to you” spiel.

the next day he reached out saying he sells lots of stuff on ebay, and wished he had sold it on ebay where the shipping is heavily subsidized. he reached out later that day with a solution - he’d sell me a large heavy box for a $1 on ebay.

that’s the point at which it occured to me: i’m being scammed!

but i got paypal buyer protection, so how far can a scammer get?

let’s play along!

i checked out the ebay listing, it was for a “skateboard box”. I used the “buy it now” option to ensure i won the auction.

with california sales taxes, i ended up paying $1.07 or something like that. i’m not sure what ebay charged the reddit homie to ship it but he was happy i played along. a couple of days later, tayto, cags, and an enertion whistle arrived. it was incredible well packed

reddit homie came through!

sounds like a fairy-tale innit?

i can’t make this shit up

6 Likes

Wow an enertion whistle

3 Likes

lol, this exact scenario was running through my head while I was going through this thread yesterday.

2 Likes

Yous is amazing sir thank you!

1 Like

has anyone used DPD to ship from the UK to Hong Kong? Ive received tons of internal DPD deliveries and have never had an issue, but don’t know anything about their international reputation. DPD to Hong Kong ive been quoted £9.72, whereas DHL want to charge me £49…is there catch?

2 Likes

Yea, it’ll update until it reaches a random warehouse and sit there for a week.
Most recent package was shipped from europe last monday, by thursday it was in germany and it didn’t update until yesterday evening when it got in the uk already. Once it hits the border they ship fast tho. Already delivered my stuff

Dhl/ups feels like a guy that his only mission is to get your stuff delivered, travelling night and day

2 Likes

So you shipped from mainland europe to the UK using DPD? have you tried sending anything from UK.EU to China?

1 Like

Got a battery delivered to me.
International i only used royal mail because they deliver in under 1 week for like £3-7
I can’t say about china, just my experience with how they deliver. I’m sure others will add info soon

1 Like